Century College inspires, prepares, and empowers students to succeed in a changing world.
- We inspire students to learn and to develop as whole people: intellectually, physically, and emotionally
- We inspire students to continue learning throughout life
- We prepare and empower students to be successful by helping them develop the knowledge,
skills and abilities needed to enter or progress within the work force or to transfer to a four-year
institution, and to adapt and thrive in our increasingly diverse and ever-changing world.
To be a national leader in transforming lives through an innovative, rigorous, and compassionate
approach to education.
- We continually strive to strengthen and improve the positive impact we have
on our students and community: transforming their lives, as well as our own, through our work
- We will become known nationally as an institution that "makes a difference"
- We continually strive to innovate – finding new and more effective ways to educate and serve students
- We sustain rigor in our work – holding high standards and expectations for both our students and for ourselves
- We approach our work with compassion – acknowledging the whole person, working with integrity
and caring, accepting people where they are and moving them forward without sacrificing standards
or expectations; bringing joy, honesty, and understanding to our work.
The Century College community values:
- inspiring learning
- broadening perspectives
- pursuing excellence
- responding to community needs
- achieving goals
- transforming lives
- celebrating achievement
Revised and Adopted December 2008.
Approved by the Minnesota State College and Universities Board of Trustees January 2009.