If you're serious about earning a bachelor's degree, Student Support Services (SSS) at Century College can help. We'll support and counsel you to ensure that you find the right transfer school. And, we'll give you the academic and personal support to enable you to achieve your educational goals. But that's not all. We can also help you have fun and meet other students who intend to transfer - all at the same time!
What is Student Support Services?
The mission of SSS is to increase the college retention, graduation, and transfer rates of students who intend to transfer to a four-year college.
Who is eligible to participate?
To qualify for SSS, you must:
- Meet federal eligibility criteria including:
- Low income (receive a Pell Grant).
- Be a first generation college student.
- Have a documented disability.
- Be enrolled in Century associate degree program.
- Seeking transfer to a four-year institution.
- Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status.
What does SSS provide?
- Professional tutoring, study groups, and effective study skills tips
- Academic advising, career planning, and major exploration
- College transfer planning
- Visits to four-year schools in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Limited textbook and calculator loan program
- Scholarship workshops
- Personal and cultural enrichment opportunities
Why should you join?
When you join SSS, you can:
- Be eligible for several Century scholarships.
- Improve your grades by working with SSS tutors in various academic areas.
- Save on school supplies and textbook costs.
- Work with a counselor to plan a schedule to meet your transfer/career goals.
- Go on four-year college transfer tours at no charge.
- Attend research and leadership conferences.
- Participate in social activities with other SSS students.
How do I join?
- Download an application (pdf) and fill it out or call us at 651.779.3226, or stop by the SSS office at 2460 West Campus.
- We will determine eligibility and contact you.
Links to Other Academic Services on Campus: