Accounts that are not paid in full will be referred to the MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE'S
COLLECTION DIVISION. By law (MN Statute 16D.11), the Department of Revenue can assess up to a 25 percent
fee to cover the costs of collecting your debt. You may request cancellation of the collection cost as provided by MN Statute section 16D.11, subdivision 3. Interest will be charged pursuant to MN Statute 16D.13.
By law, the Department of Revenue can also take the following actions to collect your debt:
- Obtain a judgment against you
- Garnish your wages
- Levy your bank account
- Issue subpoenas
- Seize your property
- Take your state tax refund, lottery winnings, or vendor payment
- Revoke or deny renewal of a professional license you may have
- Refer your debt to a private collections agency for collection services
- Access nonpublic government data about you to collect this debt
You can avoid having the debt referred to the MDOR and the collection cost being assessed by making prompt, full payment to the Business Office at Century College. You have the right to contest the validity of our claim. To contest the validity of our claim, you must submit a written request to the address below within 20 days of the date of the final notice.
Century College Business Office
3300 Century Ave.
White Bear Lake, MN 55110