Third Party Payment at Century College
Agencies or organizations requiring course completion or proof of grades before they authorize payment are considered tuition reimbursement programs. These programs do not qualify for the third-party billing process. Students participating in tuition reimbursement programs are responsible to make their own payment arrangements, according to the college's tuition payment policy, and seek reimbursement directly from their sponsoring agency or organization.
When a student's tuition, fees, and/or bookstore purchases are billed directly to an outside agency or organization (not a family member or not owned by you or a family member), the process is termed “third-party billing”. The college agrees to bill the agency or organization directly on behalf of the student. The college must receive written authorization from the sponsoring agency or organization before the third-party billing can be processed. It is the student's responsibility to ensure the Third Party Authorization Form is received by the Business Office each term before the tuition down payment arrangement deadline.
Third-Party Billing Procedures
- View and/or print the college's Third Party Authorization Form. (pdf)
- In certain cases, the college will accept official agency purchase orders in place of the Authorization for Payment form. An agency using a purchase order, or any other form of authorization, must provide all of the information required by the Authorization for Payment form, including:
- Student name
- Century College Student ID number (Social Security number may also be used)
- Agency name and billing address
- Name and phone number of contact person
- Signature of contact person or authorized signer (if different)
- Term covered by the authorization to pay
- Funding expiration date
- Dollar amount or percentage of college costs covered
- Types of charges to be covered
- Sales tax exempt number (if applicable)
- Indication whether funding should be applied to a student account before or after any financial aid
- NOTE: Separate authorization is required for books and materials
- Authorizations for Payment may be mailed, faxed or delivered to Ruth Hagen, Third-Party Coordinator at:
- Century College Business Office
- 3300 Century Ave
- White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Phone: 651.779.3374
- Fax: 651.779.3418
- After the college receives the authorization for payment an award is entered on a student account. This information indicates the funding source and allows the accounts receivable system to generate third-party invoices.
- If for some reason the Third Party is unwilling to pay the charges incurred, those charges become the obligation of the student.