If you are an ethnic minority or international student, our Multicultural Student Center is for you.
We offer various programs, events, and services designed to enrich your campus experience and complement your learning, including:
- Cultural awareness programming
- Guest speakers
- Information and referral
- Advocacy for students
The Multicultural Student Center also provides a place where you can:
- access a computer
- study quietly
- lounge with TV/VCR
- visit the Resource Center
- receive advising and related services
Admissions Application Process
Century's Multicultural Student Center staff recruit and assist domestic students with
completion of the application process. In addition, our staff members
also assist other student communities, including new immigrants, students designated as
refugees and international students.
For assistance or questions
with the application process, please contact:
- Kong Her**, 651.773.1793
- Yessica Santana, 651.747.4089
- **assists domestic, new immigrants, refugees and international students
Services for International Students
- Counseling on immigration and visa regulations
- Personal and academic advising
- Other issues affecting academic success
If you’re an international student on a Century College I-20, you are required to purchase the system-approved student health insurance. (You are exempted if your sponsoring agency or government certifies in writing that you are covered under a plan provided by the sponsoring agency or government).
Forms are available in the Business Office and Multicultural Student Center.
You must submit a completed form with payment to the Century College Business Office (having alternative insurance from a parent, spouse, or sponsor does NOT waive your requirement to purchase the system policy).
Contact student insurance advocate:
- Cora Lee Cronin
Latino Student Services/ Servicios para estudiantes Latinos
We provides services and programs that enhance the
academic success, personal and professional
development of Latinos students, including:
- outreach to area high schools and communities
- assistance in applying and gaining admissions to Century
- financial aid advising and application assistance
- scholarship information
- programs and events celebrating Latino culture
- referral to campus and community resources
- student club support
- development of social awareness and leadership
- Cultural Resource Library
- Scholarship information and application
- Information regarding community resources
- Computer lab
Asian Student Association
The Asian Student Association (ASA) helps Asian students:
- make a successful transition to campus life.
- network and participate in organized cultural and recreational activities.
- learn about cultural traditions and experiences of different Asian cultures.
- discover possible careers, majors, and scholarships.
- connect students with Asian resources on campus and in the community.
- Annual multicultural talent show
- Sports tournaments
- Hmong New Year
- Holiday events and community activities
- College dances and parties
- Political rallies, marches, and events in the Twin Cities
- Twice-yearly “Asian Experience” newsletter, with club updates and upcoming events
- Assisting student senate with campus activities
- Kong Her, ASA Advisor
- Multicultural Student Center
- West Campus room W1220