Earn College Credit in High School
Career and Technical Education Credit (CTE) (formerly Tech Prep) supports a
partnership between Century College and Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center
that provides high school students the opportunity to participate in programs that
prepare them to advance into the postsecondary educational system and employment.
By earning college credit in high school, students save time completing their degree or program and money on tuition
Career and Technical Education Credit taken in high school or through Northeast
Metro Career and Technical Center substitute for a specific
Century College course(s) identified through articulation agreements.
Only those high school courses identified in the articulation agreements will be
accepted as transfer to Century College and must be documented on a Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center transcript or
high school transcript and a certificate of credit. Successful completion of
designated courses where a grade of B or higher is earned transfer and may satisfy
requirements or elective credits in some programs at Century College.
Procedures and Requirements
To receive CTE credit at Century College students must:
- Complete the course goals in high school.
- Maintain a grade of A or B in the course.
- Apply for admission and enroll in courses at Century College within three years of completing the high
- Submit a high school transcript to Century College that shows graduation in good standing.
- Present the Articulated College Credit certificate and Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center transcript to the Century College Transfer Student Services Office.
Transfer credit will be awarded to students:
- upon verification of their enrollment at Century College
- provided the above criteria have been met
- provided they remain in courses at Century College past the tenth day of Fall or
Spring semester and third day of summer term.
Century College transcript
A Century College transcript will be developed only for those students who enroll in courses at Century College.
Transfer CTE Credit from Century
Students awarded college credits at Century for CTE credit who intend to transfer from Century to
another college or university should contact the Transfer Specialist at that college/university to determine if
their CTE credit will be accepted.
Each college or university decides which, if any, credits transfer and whether those credits meet their degree
requirements. Some Career and Techincal Educaiton Credit received at Century may not be accepted at another college or university.
Participating High Schools
- Centennial High School
- Chisago High School
- Columbia Heights High School
- Forest Lake High School
- Fridley High School
- Irondale High School
- Mahtomedi High School
- Mounds View High School
- North Branch High School
- North St. Paul High School
- Park High School
- Roseville High School
- St. Anthony High School
- Spring Lake Park High School
- Stillwater High School
- Tartan High School
- White Bear Lake High School
- Woodbury High School
Century College, Director of Transfer Student Services: 651.779.3924
Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center: 651.415.5537