Transcripts From Other Colleges and Universities

Skipped BreadcrumbHome > Transfer Students > Transfer In To Century > Transcripts from other Colleges and Universities

Official Transcripts

If you have previously completed college level coursework at another college/university, vocational school, or institution within the United States or through the military and plan to:

  • complete a degree/program at Century
  • transfer credits and courses in to Century

you must provide an official college transcript(s) from each college/university you previously attended. Transcripts must be mailed or delivered/hand-carried, unopened with the official seal intact, directly from the sending college/university to the Century's Transfer Student Services Office. Student copies and faxed transcripts are not considered official.

Students intending to transfer credits for Advanced Plancement (AP), CLEP, or International Baccalaureate (IB) must have their official score report documents sent directly to Century's Transfer Student Services Office.

Plan ahead, as it may take up to two weeks to receive a transcript from another college/university or institution.

All official college/university transcripts should be mailed to:

Century College
Transfer Student Services/DARS
3300 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN 55110

To verify whether your transcripts have been received at Century, call 651.779.3908.

MnSCU eTranscripts: If you have attended or are currently attending one or more MnSCU institutions (not including the University of Minnesota) and have applied to Century, your official transcript from a MnSCU institution(s) may be electronically retrieved at no cost. To verify that your eTranscript(s) is available, contact Transfer Student Services and DARS or 651.779.3908.

If you have holds on your records (including, but not limited to, unpaid balances) from the MnSCU institution you previously attended, your transcripts cannot be retrieved electronically.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your records are free of holds. Notify Transfer Student Services and DARS when your:

  • records have been cleared for electronic retrieval
  • courses (currently in progress) have been completed so your transfer credits and Century student record can be update

All official transcripts received at Century will be retained for one year unless or until you enroll and attend Century. Transcripts and other documents from other institutions are the property of Century College, and, as such are under the control of the Records Office. Under federal policy, students have the right to view transcripts in their file at Century. Century is not required to provide or allow the making of copies of transcripts. Transcripts submitted to Century College for admission or transfer of credit become the property of Century College and cannot be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions.

Unofficial Transcripts

Credit totals will not be entered into your student record from an unofficial transcript. An official transcript is required for credits to be entered into your student record.

If you are a visiting student at Century and:

  • do not intend to complete a degree/program at Century
  • plan to complete one course or a few courses, for example, during summer session
  • plan to take a course(s) to transfer back to the college/university you are currently attending

you may provide an unofficial or student copy of your transcript(s) from each college/university you previously attended to determine if you meet Century's assessment testing requirements and course prerequisites.

Your prerequisite information will be added to your Century academic record and you will be notified that you are able to register for the Century course. Allow 2-3 business days for verification and processing of your course prerequisites.

Unofficial transcripts are not retained by Century College once you provide them.

To submit your unofficial transcript:

  • Fax, email or submit in person to Century's Transfer Student Services Office
  • Provide your:
    • Name
    • Century Student ID#
    • Email Address
    • Phone Number
    • Century course number you intend to register for (example: PSYC 1020)
    • Year and term you intend to register for the course (example: Summer 2014)


Complete the Verification of Course Prerequisite form and submit to the Transfer Student Services Office.

Transfer Student Services Fax: 651.779.3419

International Transcripts

Students who have completed college level courses outside the United States and intend to transfer these credits in to Century, are required to provide an evaluation of their international transcripts through World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credentials Evaluators (ECE). Evaluation reports from WES or ECE must be sent directly to Century's Transfer Student Services Office.

Military Transcripts

All service members intending to transfer college level credits earned through military education or training should use the JST Service Transcript System to access their military records and submit their official military transcript directly to Century's Transfer Student Services Office.

Transcript Deadlines

All students transferring credits in to Century have the same priority deadlines noted below to submit transcripts for evaluation for their scheduled registration. Every effort will be made to review transcripts in time for registration and/or orientation.

Transcript Priority Deadlines

  • Fall Semester: June 15
  • Spring Semester: October 15
  • Summer Session: March 15

Students are encouraged to submit transcripts as soon as possible for priority registration and efficient academic advising. All transfer students must meet Century's assessment testing requirements and/or course prerequisites prior to registration or orientation.

New Incoming Transfer Students

Transcripts that arrive after the priority deadlines will be evaluated after registration/orientation based on the date the transcript was received. Students may be admitted to Century without submitting transcripts.

Currently Enrolled Transfer Students

An initial block/sum of transfer credits will be processed for purposes of priority registration for returning students until transcripts are fully evaluated. Registration dates for returning students are assigned each semester according to the number of credits earned. Students who are not enrolled in courses during the current semester will not receive an evaluation of their transcripts until they register.