Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time
Computer Science — Associate in Science Degree (60 credits)
This degree introduces students to the skills related to the analysis, design and development of information systems. Upon completion, the graduate will have acquired a solid mathematical background and a firm foundation in both the practical and theoretical aspects of contemporary computer science. This program has been designed to equip students to transfer into a typical four-year Computer Science degree program.
Specific transfer plans, with the college of choice, should be made as early in the degree as possible to ensure an appropriate program is planned for enrollment at Century and at the four-year school.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Computer Programmers *
Computer Engineers *
Computer Systems Analysts *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Average Wage: $34.10/hour
Top Earners: $47.82/hour
Average Wage: $45.62/hour
Top Earners: $65.99/hour
Computer Systems Analysts*
Average Wage: $37.83/hour
Top Earners: $52.77/hour
* with bachelor’s degree(seven county metro area - www.iseek.org)
Computer Science - AS 60 Credits
- Design, write, test, and debug computer programs written in a low-level language and contemporary structured and object-oriented languages.
- Ability to develop algorithms which underlie common programming tasks.
- Incorporate foundational data management concepts such as data structures within computer programs.
- The ability to function and communicate effectively as ethically and socially responsible computer science professionals.
- Prepared to transfer into a typical four-year Computer Science degree program.
- Correctly implement given specifications when writing programs.
Assessment score placement in MATH 1061 or above, or completion of MATH 0070 with a grade of C or higher; assessment score placement in RDNG 1000 or completion of RDNG 0090 with a grade of C or higher.