Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time
Global Studies — Certificate (15 credits)
The Global Studies Certificate provides a multi-disciplinary approach to understanding the interdependence and interconnectedness of people and nations around the globe. By taking a variety of courses with a common focus, you gain knowledge and analytical skills to discuss political, economic, and cultural elements of contemporary societies from several perspectives. You also gain knowledge and understanding in order to interact and communicate well with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. The intention is to enhance these abilities in order to become community leaders and active world citizens. This certificate complements many Century programs, academic fields, and any career which benefits from a global/international perspective. It can also transfer to a four-year degree in a major or minor. Students wishing to transfer to a four-year degree program should consult with a counselor, advisor, or the program coordinator, and the college you intend to transfer to. You may choose to also complete the AA degree including the Global Studies certificate credits in the elective area.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Global Studies - Certificate 15 Credits
- Discuss individual and human values within an historical and social context.
- Respond critically to global issues that are fundamental to the health and survival of any society.
- Articulate an informed understanding of complex global, cultural or regional issues.
- Analyze multidisciplinary elements that influence relations among states, regions and societies in their historical and contemporary dimensions.
- Analyze global problems and the cultural, economic and political interactions that affect possible solutions.
- Explain the concept of a global citizen and the responsibility global citizens share for their common global future.
- Global Studies
- International Studies
- International Relations
- Intercultural Communications