Marketing Communications Technology
Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time
Marketing Communications Technology — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
This polytechnic degree program blends three Century College areas: the theories and strategies of the Marketing Program, the application skills of the Visual Communications Technology Program and the hands-on and aesthetic teachings of the Art and Art Studio course work. In addition, courses from the English, Communication and Philosophy disciplines round out this curriculum and form a balanced theory/practice approach. With this type of preparation you find fulfilling careers in a variety of visual communications as well as visual marketing fields.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Set and Exhibit Designers *
Graphic Designers *
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree
Set and Exhibit Designers*
Average Wage: $20.20/hour
Top Earners: $32.70/hour
Average Wage: $16.49/hour
Top Earners: $25.33/hour
Average Wage: $23.80/hour
Top Earners: $36.83/hour
* with bachelor’s and/or master’s degree(seven county metro area - www.iseek.org)
Marketing Communications Technology - AAS 60 Credits
- Demonstrate the concepts and processes associated with identifying trends and marketing opportunities, as well as the strategies and methods necessary for participating, creating or initiating a marketing project or business venture.
- Apply product planning, distribution, pricing, and promotion strategies appropriate to an entry-level employee using appropriate technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in social responsibility and ethics in a marketing environment and global economy.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically to generate communication solutions to meet marketing needs.
- Demonstrate competencies in data analysis and technical application as appropriate.
Visual Communications Technologies