Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time
Gender Studies — Certificate (16 credits)
The Gender Studies Certificate program offers an interdisciplinary field of study focused on the rich diversity of experiences across gender, time, cultures, and social/economic classes. In Gender Studies courses, students and faculty examine and evaluate assumptions about the role of gender in society, uncovering the central role in the human experience. The program is a valuable addition to any academic field and provides a career advantage in many areas. In addition, the Gender Studies Certificate is an excellent preparation for transfer students wishing to a major or minor in Gender Studies at other institutions. The Century College Gender Studies Certificate has articulation agreements with Gender Studies departments at:
All courses are part of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
- Minnesota State University — Moorehead
- University of Minnesota — Duluth
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Gender Studies - Certificate 16 credits
- Demonstrate master of selected NWSA “Common Learning Outcomes” for Gender Studies Programs.
- Discuss the importance of critical self-analysis in understanding the perspectives and theories of Gender Studies.
- Synthesize material from courses previous completed and apply it to the everyday life.
- Produce written and/or oral reflections on their intellectual development with respect to the material they have studied.
- Evaluate the application of Gender Studies to their future academic and professional careers.
A maximum of two courses transferred from other institutions can be used to help fulfill the 16-credit Gender Studies Certificate.
- Gender Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies
- Women’s Studies
- GLBTQ Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Social Justice Studies