Women & Gender Studies
Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time
Women & Gender Studies — Certificate (16 credits)
The Women and Gender Studies Certificate program offers an interdisciplinary field of study focused on the rich diversity of women’s experiences across time, cultures, and social/economic classes. In Women and Gender Studies courses, you will reexamine and reevaluate assumptions about the role of women and gender in society, uncovering their central role in the human experience. The program is a valuable addition to any academic field and provides a career advantage in many areas, the Women and Gender Studies Certificate is an excellent preparation for transferring to a major or minor in Women and Gender Studies at other institutions.
A maximum of two courses transferred from other institutions can be used to help fulfill the 16-credit Women and Gender Studies Certificate.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Women & Gender Studies - Certificate 16 credits
- Demonstrate master of selected NWSA “Common Learning Outcomes” for Women’s Studies Programs.
- Discuss the importance of critical self-analysis in understanding the perspectives and theories of Women and Gender Studies.
- Synthesize material from courses previous completed and apply it to the everyday life.
- Produce written and/or oral reflections on their intellectual development with respect to the material they have studied.
- Evaluate the application of Women and Gender Studies to their future academic and professional careers.
- Gender Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies
- Women’s Studies
- GLBTQ Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Social Justice Studies