Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time
Gender Studies — Certificate (16 credits)
The Gender Studies Certificate program offers an interdisciplinary field of study focused on the rich diversity of experiences across gender, time, cultures, and social/economic classes. In Gender Studies courses, you will reexamine and reevaluate assumptions about the roles of gender in society, uncovering their central role in the human experience. The program is a valuable addition to any academic field and provides a career advantage in many areas, the Gender Studies Certificate is an excellent preparation for transferring to a major or minor in Gender Studies at other institutions.
A maximum of two courses transferred from other institutions can be used to help fulfill the 16-credit Gender Studies Certificate.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Gender Studies - Certificate 16 credits
- Demonstrate master of selected NWSA “Common Learning Outcomes” for Gender Studies Programs.
- Discuss the importance of critical self-analysis in understanding the perspectives and theories of Gender Studies.
- Synthesize material from courses previous completed and apply it to the everyday life.
- Produce written and/or oral reflections on their intellectual development with respect to the material they have studied.
- Evaluate the application of Gender Studies to their future academic and professional careers.
- Gender Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies
- Women’s Studies
- GLBTQ Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Social Justice Studies