Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Technician — Certificate (9 credits)
Emergency Medical Services — Certificate (19 credits)
Emergency Medical Services | Paramedic — Associate in Applied Science (76 credits)
Emergency Medical Services | Paramedic - Diploma (59 credits)
Paramedic for the Experienced EMT – Associate in Applied Science (60 credits)
Paramedic for the Experienced EMT – Diploma (47 credits)
The Century College Emergency Medical Service (EMS) program began in 1972 with Minnesota's first state-approved EMT program, and the following year, we offered one of the region's first paramedic programs. Today, we continue to be a leader in EMS and public safety education in the area.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Emergency Medical Services - Certificate 19 Credits
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate clinical information relevant to the role of EMS.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in all skills necessary to fulfill the role as an EMS provider.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrate effective decision making and critical thinking skill abilities.
- Demonstrate affective behavior, acumen, and rapport with patients and healthcare colleagues.
- Instructors are currently certified as an EMT, Paramedic or Registered Nurse and remain active patient care providers in EMS and/or the hospital setting
- State-of-the-art skills lab including a full-scale ambulance simulator, a full scale motor vehicle, a wide range of manikins including Sim-Man ™ and Sim-Baby ™ and industry-current equipment
- Medical direction provided by Paul Satterlee, MD and Joe Madigan MD
- Partnerships with 916 and OEC allow smooth transition from High School to College
- Interdisciplinary opportunities with Century’s Public Safety, Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement career programs