Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer, Full- or Part-Time
Communication Studies – Certificate (16 credits)
The Certificate in Communication Studies is intended to prepare students for the demands of communication-rich workplaces. While there is no specific occupation that this certificate serves, employer surveys indicate that oral communication, teamwork, and leadership skills are crucial to success in the workplace. Additionally, the Certificate in Communication can build a foundation for further studies in Communication for students who plan to transfer to four-year institutions to complete a Bachelors degree.
Articulation agreements provide students with educational plans that help them transfer into four-year colleges and universities.
Communication Studies - Certificate 16 Credits
- Demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing, and presentation.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Locate material from diverse sources and points of view, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner.
- Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking.
A student must have assessment score placement in ENGL 1021 or completion of ENGL 0090 with a grade of C or higher, and assessment score placement in RDNG 1000 or completion of RDNG 0090 with a grade of C or higher.
- Communication Studies
- Mass Communications
- International Relations
- Intercultural Communication
- Public Relations