With funding from the St. Paul Foundation and Travelers Foundation, Century College offers an
innovative program that provides financial and academic support for students with demonstrated
Scholars Program Services
Century's Scholars program offers college-bound students the following:
- Scholarships – up to $1,400.00 tuition scholarship for the first year
of college, with the possibility of additional funding the second year. Students receive a minimum
scholarship of $250.00.
- Free Summer Bridge to College courses – includes college course
in summer prior to first semester of college. REQUIRED in order to receive scholarship
- Academic Support – includes tutoring services, study groups, educational
and career planning.
- Activities – students participate in free activities and volunteer events to explore career options
and build strong, positive partnerships with peers.
Students earn up to $1000.00 scholarship for tuition, fees, and application costs. If a student's
financial aid happens to cover all tuition costs, that student will receive a minimum of $250.00 to
cover other college costs, including books or transportation. Students must
meet academic performance measures and maintain good academic standing.
The Scholars Program Student
Century's Scholars Program provides financial and academic support for students pursuing a college
education. Students must be motivated, disciplined, and ACTIVE in their education. Students can pursue
any degree or certificate Century College offers, or take college courses to transfer to any four-year
Students graduating from St. Paul high schools or East Metro high Schools, including, but not limited to:
- Como Park High
- Harding High
- Johnson High
- North St. Paul High School
- Roseville Area High School
- Washington Technology Magnet School
- White Bear Lake High School
- Area Charter Schools
- ALL applications will be considered with priority given to the schools above
The Century Scholars Program focuses on serving students who identify with one of the following:
- will be the first in their family to graduate from college
- represent traditionally under served populations, i.e. students of color, or
- demonstrate financial need
Applications will be reviewed after Spring semester is complete. Recipients of the Scholars Program scholarship will be notified by e-mail
in early June before the summer semester begins
Interested applicants must complete the following steps:
- Complete the full Century Scholars Program Application.
(Includes essay, letter of recommendation, high school transcript).
- Complete application for admission to Century College.
- Complete the online application for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Electronic applications are preferred. However, paper applications for financial aid are available.
Century College's Federal School Code (FAFSA code): 010546.
- Complete Century's Assessment testing.
- Trumanue Lindsey, Jr.
- Location: West Campus, E1223
- Phone: 651.779.3204
- Fax: 651.747.4053