Century College Upward Bound is a federally-funded TRIO Program designed to help high school students reach college by providing academic guidance and personal support.
Upward Bound provides year-round services to enrolled participants throughout their high school career including:
- Academic Year Services:
- Weekly After School Tutoring
- Individual Academic Advising
- College & University Campus Tours
- Career Exploration Activities
- Cultural Fieldtrips & Events
- Study Skills
- Career Exploration
- Financial Aid/Scholarships
- College Applications
- High School to College Transitioning
- Summer Services
- Six - Week College Campus Academic Enrichment
High schools served
Century College Upward Bound Program partners with three St. Paul Public High Schools:
Century College Upward Bound is FREE to eligible participants.
- Ninth or tenth grade students who attend (or will be attending) Como, Harding, or Johnson High school
- Students who meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.0 (as a ninth grader) or 2.5 (as a tenth grader)
- Students from families who meet federal income guidelines and/or families where neither parent has a four-year college degree
- Students who are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Program space is limited to a total of 66 students. Students interested in applying for the program should complete the following steps:
- Print a copy of the Upward Bound Application
- Review the information with your parent or guardian.
- Contact the Upward Bound Office if you have questions (see contact information below).
- Complete the Student Section and questionnaire form.
- Complete the Parent section.
- Give teacher nominators forms to two teachers.
- Request a copy of your current transcript from your guidance counselor.
- Compile all the application materials.
- Deliver completed application materials to the main office at Como, Harding or Johnson High School and ask them to put in the Upward Bound mailbox.
- Century College Upward Bound
- 3300 Century Avenue North
- White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Phone: (651) 779-3328
- Fax: (651)779-5807
- Yia Lor
- Phone: 651.779.3287
- Caroline Church
- Assistant Director
- Phone: 651.779.3255
- Maureen Hessler
- Administrative Specialist
- Phone: 651.779.3328
- Krystle Igbo-Ogbonna
- Phone: 651.779.3473
- Bee Moua
- Phone: 651.779.3357