Century College Library is a full partner with the college community in
preparing and empowering students to succeed in a changing world.
- The Library is the major information resource for the College, and
supports opportunities for success by evaluating, selecting, acquiring
and providing access to resources that enrich the curriculum.
- The Library provides information literacy training and outreach programs
that prepare students to become independent seekers of information and
- The Library supplements and shares the collection through interlibrary
networks, and collaborates with consortiums, including MnPALS and MINITEX.
- The Library supports the ongoing research needs of faculty; provides
recreational reading and other media for our students, faculty, and staff;
and serves the broader community.
Fines, Loan Lengths and Overdue Materials for Students
- Books – Due 3 weeks from checkout date. One renewal allowed online unless item is requested by another user.
- DVDs/Videos – In-class/faculty use. Students must view in library.
- Popular DVDs – Due 7 days from checkout date. $1 per day fee when overdue.
- Pamphlets/Journal Issues – Due 7 days from checkout date.
- Reference Books – No checkout. For in-library use only unless cleared by a librarian.
- Closed Reserves: No checkout – For use in library only.
- All other Reserves: 1 day, 3 day, 7 day, and 3 week (varies per instructor).
ILL (Inter-Library Loan) Renewals
Contact the Reference Tech in charge of ILL.
Renewals must be requested through the lending institution.
When materials are overdue, the library will take the following steps:
- First notice – List of overdue items sent.
- Second notice:
- Hold placed on college records (blocks library use, registration, transcripts,
- Borrower will be billed—reserve items have a maximum fine PER ITEM of $10.00.
All other items will be billed for the cost of the item plus a $5.00 processing fee.
- If a second notice has been sent, the borrower must pay a $5 fine after the item is returned and/or pay to replace lost items plus the fine.
Overdue notices are a courtesy–it is the borrower's responsibility to keep
track of due dates.
Due dates are available online from the Your Borrowing Record or Your Account
link in the library catalog, and date due slips are put into materials at the time
Under the Minnesota Revenue Recapture Act, Statutes Chapter 270A, the college
is able to place a claim with the Minnesota Department of Revenue on future
tax refunds due to the borrower for the amount of library fees owed.
Century library materials are state property—items should be returned on time.
Special Use of Library Space
The library is not normally available for activities such as filming, interviewing, fundraising, etc., without
prior permission. We encourage you to consider other spaces for such activities. If the library must be used, please
try to schedule activities for a time when the library can be closed, such as between semesters. Prior permission
is not required for brief activities such as still photography that does not include equipment setup or short tours.
Please return the Special Request Form to the Circulation Desk at least one week prior to the planned
event. A librarian will contact you regarding your request.