The Muskie Tank Challenge
Grand Prize: Full-Year Scholarship Award*
Is your goal to change the world? To make a lot of money? Do you have an innovative new idea for
a business or an invention that could lead to fame and fortune?
Welcome to the Muskie Tank, a program inspired by the ABC TV show, "The Shark Tank"™.
The goal of the Muskie Tank is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship among Century College students.
The program involves different phases, taking place over several months.
- One full tuition Scholarship to Century, including tuition, books, and fees, not to exceed the value of $5,000 (or, if
student chooses to attend a four-year university/college, the value of the award will not exceed $5000 in tuition, fees and books.)
- Four $1000 scholarship awards (Value of award will go towards tuition, books, and fees, not to exceed the value of $1,000.)
Phase I introduces you to the program and includes networking with business experts, who
will present ideas related to innovation and entrepreneurship. You'll then create a concept for
a new business, submit a business proposal, which is then examined and critiqued by a panel of
Students with the most innovative plans will be selected to participate in the Muskie Tank main event--when
a panel of business and industry entrepreneurs and experts (Muskies) will evaluate the proposals.
The Muskies will present the best entrepreneurial ideas with cash awards and scholarships.
- Log into D2L and self-register to the Muskie Tank Challenge.
- Complete the Muskie Tank application in D2L.
- Post video, images, documents in D2L for your Muskie Tank project for the judges to review.
- If you need help, review this helpful D2L guide
For more information, contact Sue Klecker@Century.edu, 651.773.1792