The Muskie Tank Challenge
Grand Prize: Full-Year Scholarship Award*
Is your goal to change the world? To make a lot of money? Do you have an innovative new idea for
a business or an invention that could lead to fame and fortune?
Welcome to the Muskie Tank, a program inspired by the ABC TV show, "The Shark Tank"™.
The goal of the Muskie Tank is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship among Century College students.
The program involves different phases, taking place over several months.
- One full tuition Scholarship to Century, including tuition, books, and fees, not to exceed the value of $5,000 (or, if
student chooses to attend a four-year university/college, the value of the award will not exceed $5000 in tuition, fees and books.)
- Four $1000 scholarship awards (Value of award will go towards tuition, books, and fees, not to exceed the value of $1,000.)
Muskie Tank Timeline
- December 3 – Kickoff with Moshe Weiss
- February 11 – Student Success Day, Competition Panel Discussion, 1:15 West Campus Rm2090
- February 28 – Student Proposals Due by 4 pm
- March 12 – Selection of Top 20 Proposals
- April 23 – Twenty Finalists Present Proposals to Judges; Top 5 Ideas Awarded
- April 30 – Process Review and Recommendations for 2015 Muskie Tank Challenge
Phase I introduces you to the program and includes networking with business experts, who
will present ideas related to innovation and entrepreneurship. You'll then create a concept for
a new business, submit a business proposal, which is then examined and critiqued by a panel of
Students with the most innovative plans will be selected to participate in the Muskie Tank main event--when
a panel of business and industry entrepreneurs and experts (Muskies) will evaluate the proposals.
The Muskies will present the best entrepreneurial ideas with cash awards and scholarships.
- Complete the Muskie Tank application.
- After you have submitted the application, review this helpful guide, and log into D2L and self-register to the Muskie Tank Challenge. Then you can post video, images, documents for your Muskie Tank project for the judges to review.
For more information, contact Sue Klecker@Century.edu, 651.773.1792