Century College is committed to transforming lives through an innovative, rigorous, and compassionate approach to education. In preparing for a changing world and increasing the success of all students, the College’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan will eliminate the racial achievement gap, reaffirm the College’s dedication to learning, create clear, supported pathways to transfer and to employment, provide integrated support, and align and evaluate ourselves and our resources to meet these goals.
Century College 2020 (Strategic Plan 2015-20)
Goal 1: Educational Equity
Progressively reduce and ultimately eliminate the racial achievement gap.*
- Hire and retain diverse employees, especially racially and ethnically diverse employees.
- Increase the cultural competence of our faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Analyze and revise existing processes to ensure they are culturally responsive in order to increase enrollment, retention, transfer and graduation of our students of color.
- Implement schedules and programming that are responsive to our culturally diverse student population to ensure timely completion.
- Create culturally responsive experiences and pedagogy more broadly across the campus.
*Achievement gap refers to the observed, persistent disparity of educational measures between the performances of groups of students, specifically those differentiated by race/ethnicity identification as measured by the MnSCU Performance metrics: Student Success – Students of Color Ratio to White Students and Completion Rate – Students of Color Ratio to White Students. Other associated metrics are Student Diversity-Students of Color and Employee Diversity – Employees of Color.
Goal 2: Exceptional Learning
Establish Century as an institution dedicated to rigorous, experiential learning that stimulates inquiry.
- Emphasize high impact, experiential learning for every student.
- Support co-curricular programming that enhances learning, contributes to the educational experience of students, and aligns with curricular programs.
- Institutionalize an iterative assessment process that ensures student success and mastery of learning outcomes. (AQIP Action Project)
- Leverage the knowledge, skills, and scholarship of College faculty in curriculum development and pedagogy to provide innovative learning experiences for students and to model continuous learning and the process of inquiry.
Goal 3: Clear Paths to Success
Improve student completion and readiness for transfer and employment.
- Restructure the institution into Academic Pathways.
- Expand and develop strategic partnerships with K-12 system, four-year universities, area employers, and our community to increase transfer and improve transfer readiness.
- Develop coordinated credit and non-credit pathways which respond to the workforce development needs of local and state employers, meet the training needs of workers in transition, and provide paths into post-secondary education
- Develop and offer flexible and/or accelerated options of courses and programs to increase completion; systematically study the effectiveness of those options.
Goal 4: Comprehensive Student Support
Provide integrated holistic student support services to improve access and success.
- Develop, implement, and invest in a deliberate approach to managing enrollments that positions Century for the future.
- Integrate proven successful academic support services in courses and programs.
- Leverage technology to improve service, communication, and advising to students.
- Connect students in need with available Century College and community resources.
Goal 5: Institutional Improvement and Support
Assess and align our resources to support the College mission.
- Implement a comprehensive program review process that demonstrates quality, stimulates improvement, and incorporates external needs (AQIP Action Project).
- Create inclusive, engaged, and open communication processes surrounding decision making (AQIP Action Project).
- Systematically evaluate College services, processes and programs (AQIP Action Project).
- Invest in human resources, technology, and facilities that support improved learning outcomes, innovative curriculum, and high-impact learning environments.
- Expand and effectively align public advocacy and external funding opportunities with College priorities and student needs.
- Provide a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and respectful environment for learning and work.