Muskie Tank Challenge Overview
The Muskie Tank Challenge is a program inspired by the ABC TV show The Shark Tank™. The goal of the Muskie Tank Challenge is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship among Century College students, and to encourage creative students to start their own successful businesses.
This is a great opportunity for Century College students to get support and advice from local entrepreneurs, business leaders and Century College faculty.
Grand Prize: Full-Year Scholarship Award
Thanks to the generosity of our local business professionals at Red Path, Self Eco, and Wilson Tool, our awards include:
One full-year tuition scholarship to Century College or a 4-year university/college, including tuition, books and fees, not to exceed the value of $5,000 (or, if student chooses to attend a four-year college/university, the value of the award will not exceed $5,000 in tuition, fees and books) This winner is automatically guaranteed a position as a semifinalist in the MN Cup competition where you have the opportunity to win up to $80,000 cash.
- Four $1,000 scholarship awards (value of award will go towards tuition, books and fees, not to exceed the value of $1,000)
- All top finalists will receive a Century College Bookstore gift card along with other gifts
When you commit to the challenge, we'll help you meet business experts and mentors who will help you along the way.
- Research the internet to determine if your idea already exists. If it does, consider a different idea or a much improved version of the idea. If you are confident of your idea, move to the next step. For help concepting an idea, reference the Muskie Tank Idea Helper.
- Submit your proposal in a detailed application by May 1st, 2020 in the Century College Scholarship portal - Award Spring. You must be a current student enrolled at Century College to apply.
- If you are chosen as a semi-finalist, you will be notified and assigned a mentor.
- Work with a mentor to create your final Executive Summary and presentation. Statistics have proven students who work with a mentor, have had the best results.
- Upload your final Executive Summary and any supporting diagrams, pictures, graphs, or anything else you would like the judges to view in Award Spring before the project deadline, May 14th, 2020.
Reference the Muskie Tank Tackle Box for specifics on creating an Award Spring account and general information about the process.
Questions: Contact Jill Greenhalgh, (651) 779-3338
2020-21 Muskie Tank Timeline
|09/24/19||Panel (Student Success Day)|
|02/11/20, 12:30-1:30 pm in W2160||Info Session and Mentor Panel (Student Success Day)|
|02/25/20, 3-5pm in E2780||Drop-In: Info Session and Speed Mentoring|
|05/01/20||Student Proposals (Application) Due in Award Springs by 11:59PM|
|POSTPONED to Spring 2021||Final Executive Summary and Supporting Documents Due|
|POSTPONED to Spring 2021||Final Judging|
|POSTPONED to Spring 2021||Award Ceremony|
Jill Greenhalgh, 651-779-3338