Contact Connie Walker-Pearson at 651-773-1748 for putting physical items on reserve.
If you would like students to read an article in one of our online resources available through the Databases A-Z list, see the information below on Using Library Resources in D2L.
We also have library tutorials available for use in D2L.
Using Library Resources in D2L
Faculty can create direct links to articles found in Library databases and insert these links into the content of their D2L courses. Use our guide containing directions for:
- Creating stable links that will work both on and off campus
- Using Films on Demand streamed resources in an online course
- Using Kanopy streamed resources in an online course
- Using these links in D2L
If you have problems inserting links from library databases into D2L or if links do not work off-campus, please contact Randi Madisen at 651-779-3292.
Streamed video is available from the Videos Tab on the library's main page.
You can also find physical items from our DVD collection by searching OneSearch. To ensure you have video on the dates you need it, contact Rita Ferraro at 651-779-5540 to add your request to the video schedule.
Open Educational Resources
The Library has a guide to finding and using OER, with additional information on Creative Commons licensing. For some open source textbooks, we can provide a print copy for closed reserve. We also have connections with additional OER support at the Minnesota State system office. Contact Randi Madisen for assistance.
Interlibrary Loan and Research Needs
If you are working on an advanced degree, you can access dissertations through WorldCat Dissertations.
The Library will purchase materials to support your classes, subject to our acquisitions guidelines. Contact James Nalen at 651-779-3969 for more information.
The Library has additional resources to help your students succeed, including:
- Digital voice recorders and calculators that students can check out for several days
- Video viewing stations
- Reservable study rooms where students can hook up a laptop to a large screen for group work
- Laptops available for use in the library
- Public copying facilities with scanning and color copies
- Fax services for students