Career and Technical Education Credit (CTE) (formerly Tech Prep) supports a partnership between Century College and Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center that provides high school students the opportunity to participate in programs that prepare them to advance into the postsecondary educational system and employment. By earning college credit in high school, students save time completing their degree or program and money on tuition and textbooks.
Career and Technical Education Credit taken in high school or through Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center substitute for a specific Century College course(s) identified through articulation agreements. Only those high school courses identified in the articulation agreements will be accepted as transfer to Century College and must be documented on a Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center transcript or high school transcript and a certificate of credit. Successful completion of designated courses where a grade of B or higher is earned transfer and may satisfy requirements or elective credits in some programs at Century College.
Procedures and Requirements
To receive CTE credit at Century College students must:
- Complete the course goals in high school.
- Maintain a grade of A or B in the course.
- Apply for admission and enroll in courses at Century College within three years of completing the high school courses.
- Submit a high school transcript to Century College that shows graduation in good standing.
- Present the Articulated College Credit certificate and Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center transcript to Century College.
Transfer credit will be awarded to students:
- Upon verification of their enrollment at Century College
- Provided the above criteria have been met
- Provided they remain in courses at Century College past the tenth day of Fall or Spring semester and third day of summer term
A Century College transcript will be developed only for those students who enroll in courses at Century College.
Transfer CTE Credit from Century College
Students awarded college credits at Century College for CTE credit who intend to transfer from Century College to another college or university should contact the Transfer Specialist at that college/university to determine if their CTE credit will be accepted.
Each college or university decides which, if any, credits transfer and whether those credits meet their degree requirements. Some Career and Techincal Education Credit received at Century College may not be accepted at another college or university.
Participating High Schools
Northeast Metro Career and Technical Center: 651-415-5537