PSEO Guide to Success
The PSEO Guide to Success packet is given to all PSEO students upon acceptance into the PSEO program. This packet is included with the official PSEO acceptance email.
This packet is subject to change without notice, and typically is updated each term. PSEO students are responsible for knowing all PSEO policies and procedures as outlined in the Guide to Success.
- Return your Notice of Student Registration Form to the Records Office at W2220 or send via email to email@example.com
- Contact the Advising and Counseling office if you need help selecting courses.
- Register for classes.
How to Register for an Ineligible PSEO Course
If you would like to register for a course that is an ineligible PSEO course (not funded by the PSEO program), you can still register for the course if you are willing to cover the cost of tuition, fees, and supplies out-of-pocket. Please connect with your Academic Advisor for more information and to submit the PSEO Financial Responsibility Form. This form is required to be on file with the Records Office before you will be able to register for the ineligible course.
Summer Term Registration
PSEO is a program that runs only in the Fall & Spring semesters. If you are interested in taking a class during Summer Term, please follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT: Failure to follow the steps below will result in your classes being dropped for Summer Term & you will be held financially responsible for all tuition, fees, and textbooks.
- Apply online to the Supplemental Enrollment Program (all tuition, fees, and textbooks/supplies are the sole responsibility of the student).
- You will use your current StarID to log into the application
- Select “Apply to Another Institution” to reroute back to the start of the application
- Select “Summer Term 20xx”
- Select that you are a current high school student
- Once your application is processed, you’ll be emailed an acceptance letter
- Register for your class(es)
Graduating Seniors Registration Checklist
- Submit the online Century College application. No $20 application fee required! Use promotion code: PSEOAPP at the end of the application.
- No orientation required!
- Register for classes during your priority registration timeframe.
PSEO students are allowed to receive all required textbooks and most course materials for enrolled classes at no charge to the student.
Prior to picking-up materials at the Bookstore it is the student's responsibility to confirm their PSEO eligibility and complete the Bookstore agreement form found here.
- All textbooks and materials are the property of the Century College Bookstore and are required to be returned on or before the due date each term.
- Books and Materials from Dropped, Switched, or Cancelled classes must be returned or exchanged immediately.
- Excessively worn or water damaged textbooks will not be accepted and the student will be required to pay for the replacement cost of the textbook. In some cases an exact match textbook will be accepted in replacement of the original textbook (must be approved by the bookstore).
- Returns will not be accepted after the due date and students are required to pay for textbooks that do not return on time. In some cases special arrangements can be made, however the student must make arrangements with the bookstore supervisor prior to the current term return due date.
- If textbooks are not returned and the student has not paid for the textbooks, a hold will be placed on the students record's until all textbook fees are paid in full through the Century College Business Office.
- Students with records on hold will NOT be allowed to register for classes or pick-up textbooks for future courses until all textbook fees have been paid.
How to Use Your PSEO Funds
- You must bring your Student ID OR a valid state ID and your student ID number to the bookstore. You will be unable to use your PSEO funds without identification.
- Before picking up books in the Bookstore, please review and sign the PSEO Bookstore Agreement form found here. This is required before you can pick up your books.
- Please note that if you drop, switch, or are in a cancelled class you are responsible for returning all materials to the bookstore as soon as possible.
What Can Be Purchased With PSEO Funds
- Required textbooks
- Most required kits
What Cannot Be Purchased With PSEO Funds
- Optional or recommended textbooks
- Some class kits are unavailable for PSEO students
- Food and snack items
- Gift items
- Apparel or spirit wear
Returning Your PSEO Materials
Digital Access codes and supply kits do not need to be returned to the bookstore - these items cannot be reused or resold and are yours to keep.
You have 3 options to return your PSEO materials by the due date:
- Return at the bookstore with a cashier
- Return through Bookstore drop box located next to the bookstore pick-up window in the west campus cafeteria. Please note, the drop box will be locked after the due date and you will be unable to return your books without speaking with a bookstore staff member.
- Mail in your rental. Please note the bookstore does not pay for return shipping and you must fill out the mail in request form found here to ensure you are credited with the return.
Once high school students apply to the PSEO program they are considered official college students and will be treated as such. This includes enforcing the college's various data privacy laws and encouraging student independence throughout the rest of their journey as a PSEO student.
We want to support and encourage parent/guardian awareness of the PSEO program and what your student will be adhering to. We have gathered important PSEO policies and program information and encourage parents/guardians to review the information below. Should you have additional questions about any of the information in this section, please contact Katy Olson in the Admissions Office.
FERPA - Privacy Act
The Family Educational Rights and privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 gives students the right to review records, files, and other documents containing information about the student, which Century College maintains.
Students may authorize Century College to release private information to individuals of their choosing or allow them to act on their behalf by completing the PSEO Authorization for the Release of Student Information form. This form needs to be submitted in-person by the student to the Records Office W2220 with a valid photo id. Forms submitted by anyone other than the student will not be accepted.
Students who complete and submit this form are encouraged to provide a copy of the signed form to their parent/guardian. When a parent/guardian meets with a faculty or staff member, the parent/guardian must present a copy of the form as authorization for discussion. The form may be a hard copy or digital format.
For more information, please visit the Data Privacy website.
PSEO Textbook Policy
Books are included under the PSEO Act. PSEO students must have their Century College student ID card with them to be able to check-out books from the Bookstore. We also recommend students bring a copy of their semester schedule with them to the Bookstore so they can easily find books for their specific course section, and they communicate with the clerk at check-out that they are a PSEO student.
Bookstore Agreement Form
PSEO students are required to submit the Book Agreement Form prior to the start of their first term. The Book Agreement Form will be included with the new student orientation email communication. By signing the Bookstore Agreement Form, PSEO students are agreeing to adhere to the Bookstore deadlines and policies. For more information regarding this form, visit the Bookstore Help Center.
The books are NOT the student’s property. All books and supplies must be returned to the Century College Bookstore at the end of the semester. Students will receive information upon check-out of the dates when books must be returned. If books are not returned, it will be assumed that they are either lost or destroyed, you will be billed for the books, and a hold will be placed on the student’s account preventing the ability to request a transcript. If books are damaged while in the student’s possession, students may be responsible for covering the cost of the damaged book(s).
If students are enrolled in a course that will use the same book in the next semester (Fall to Spring or Spring to Fall), they may keep the book. Students are required to notify the Bookstore of their plans and return the book at the end of the next semester. If enrollment extends into the Summer Session, students will need to purchase the book(s) from the Bookstore. PSEO does not extend into the summer session. If students are graduating from high school and wish to purchase your textbook(s) please contact the Bookstore for payment arrangements.
- PSEO students can obtain access to special online resources or websites required for a course by visiting the Century College Bookstore and asking for an access code.
- Courses requiring an access code of any sort for an online component of the class may not be returnable if the code is accessed and/or activated. PSEO students may be charged for non-returnable access codes if the student drops or withdraws from the course and has already accessed/activated the code.
PSEO Guide to Success
The Guide to Success is given to all admitted PSEO students with their acceptance notification. All new applicants and their parent/guardian are required to review the packet and complete and submit the last page of the packet, the Signature Page. This document is to be emailed to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Guide to Success should be used as the primary resource for all questions that arise for PSEO students during their time in the PSEO program.