- Please complete and submit your TOEFL or IELTS scores to Century College directly from the Testing Center. Century College’s school code is 6388. Minimum TOEFL scores are: Internet Based Test: 53; Paper Test: 480; Computer Test: 173; Minimum IELTS score is 5.0.
- If you are applying from within the United States, you may meet the English Proficiency requirement through the ACCUPLACER Assessment, ACT scores, or US college-level coursework. Please visit the Testing Center webpage for details.
- The English Proficiency requirement may also be met through successful graduation from an English-medium high school or university. An original letter, in English, from the school principal/headmaster/rector on school letterhead must be submitted as part of the application. The letter must state that English is the medium of instruction and attest to the applicant's English language abilities.
The international student application process is for those students who will be applying for, or already have, an F-1 visa to attend Century College.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the online application and submit the non-refundable application fee of $20 U.S. dollars.
Please note, F-1 international students must be degree-seeking and pursuing an associate’s level degree. F-1 students may not choose a certificate or diploma program on the application.
- Submit the following required documentation:
Proof of English Proficiency
Proof of High School Completion
Submit high school or secondary school certificates showing date of completion, with English translation if original document is not in English. If you are applying as an F-1 visa transfer student from a college within the United States, please submit official university/college transcripts for credit evaluation.
Financial Responsibility Form and Supporting Documents
Century College offers a first-rate education with tuition rates among the lowest in Minnesota. International Students pay the same tuition rate as domestic students, making Century College a tremendous value. F-1 students must have the financial resources to live and study in the United States. Financial aid is not available and there are few scholarships and on-campus jobs for International Students. Students must be prepared to have sufficient funds available to pay all necessary expenses for the duration of their studies at Century College.
Submit a signed and notarized Financial Responsibility Form.
- A notary is someone that is licensed by the State to authenticate documents and witness signatures. You can find a notary at many banks and public libraries. If the person(s) signing the form are not in the United States, they should have their signature witnessed and notarized by someone in a position similar to a notary in their country.
Submit supporting financial documents. All financial documents must be certified originals or certified true copies, and issued within 90 days of the date of submission to Century College. Documents must include the name of the account holder (i.e. student or sponsor), date, bank name, and total balance. Please black out all account numbers when submitting. Financial documents must show "accessible funds" such as a savings or checking account balance. Salary statements, tax documents, investment portfolio, et cetera are not acceptable. If the original documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Additional Required Documents
- International Student Supplemental Admissions Form
- International Student Agreement Form
- Copy of original passport
- Copy of current visa and I-94 (if currently in F-1 status or applying to change status inside the U.S.)
Transfer Students Please Submit the Following
Students transferring in F-1 status from a school from within the United States must also submit:
- Unofficial U.S. college/university transcripts (if planning to transfer credit, also submit official transcripts to Transfer Student Services)
- Copy of I-20 Form from current school
- Transfer Eligibility Form from current school
Note: If you are an F-1 student at a different college and you are not transferring your SEVIS record to Century College, you will be a visiting student. Visiting students do not need to complete the International Student application process and supplemental documents. Please follow the admissions steps for Visiting Students.
Please submit all required documents to International Student Admissions via email to IntlAdmissions@century.edu or via mail to:
International Student Admissions, W2303
3300 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Notification of admission status
Once the application is complete and processed, you will receive an email from Century College regarding your admission status. Please allow two weeks for processing.
|Academic Term||Date Classes Begin||Application Deadline (from outside the US or changing status)||Application Deadline (for F-1 transfer students)|
|Fall Semester 2021||August 23, 2021||May 1, 2021||July 1, 2021|
|Spring Semester 2022||January 10, 2022||October 1, 2021||December 1, 2021|
All required documentation must be received in the Admissions Office by the deadlines above. Students who submit applications or application materials after the deadline will be considered for the following semester.
Special Applications, Prerequisites, and High Demand Programs
Due to the high demand for the career programs listed below, Century College cannot guarantee that you will be able to start in your intended career program immediately upon admission to Century College. In some cases, students’ academic plans will need to change, due to limited openings in certain career programs. Special application forms and/or processes are required for the following programs:
- Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Clinical Applications
- Paramedic and Paramedic Fire Science
- Radiologic Technology
After Acceptance to Century College
- You will receive a number of documents and communication confirming admission to Century College. If you are applying from outside the United States, you will receive documents for a visa application at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. Students receiving a brand new form I-20 are required by USCIS to pay a SEVIS fee ($350.00 USD). If you are applying as an F-1 visa transfer student from a college within the United States, you will receive communication on how to complete your SEVIS record transfer process.
International Student Services uses an express mailing service that allows students to request original documents be sent via FedEx, UPS or DHL. Students are responsible for all mailing fees. At the time of acceptance, students will be sent instructions on how to have the original Form I-20 mailed to their address.
- Take the ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test or submit a copy of your ACT, SAT or MCA score report
The ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test is administered in the Testing Center on West Campus (W2470). Photo ID is required. If submitting ACT or SAT scores, please send them via email, fax, mail or hand-delivered to the Testing Center. MCA scores need to be sent directly from the high school.
ACT requirements: 21 or higher in Reading and 22 or higher in Math. ACT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
SAT requirements: 480 or higher in Reading and 530 or higher in Math. SAT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
MCA requirements: 1047 or higher in Reading and 1148 or higher in Math. MCA Reading scores will be used to determine placement for Reading only.
- Complete a New Student Check-In and Attend International Student Welcome Day
F-1 students should plan to arrive at least two weeks prior to the semester start. Students are required to report to an International Student Advisor upon arrival for a New Student Check-In Appointment. Please call 651-773-1700 to schedule your appointment. F-1 international students are also required to attend a mandatory International Student Welcome Day. This meeting is normally held one week before the start of the semester. A separate invitation letter will be sent to you.
- Purchase the Minnesota State System approved International Student Health Insurance through Century College. All F-1 visa students at Century College are required to have the System approved health insurance each year while studying at Century College. F-1 students must purchase health insurance or provide documentation of government sponsored insurance in order to complete class registration.
- Visit the Student Health Clinic to complete the Mantoux or TB screening test.