- If you are applying from outside the United States, please complete and submit your TOEFL or IELTS scores to Century College directly from the Testing Center. Century College’s school code is 6388. Minimum TOEFL scores are: Internet Based Test: 53; Paper Test: 480; Computer Test: 173; Minimum IELTS score is 5.0.
- If you are applying from within the United States or as an F-1 visa transfer student, you may complete Century College's Accuplacer assessment test– you must place into ESOL 0020 level courses or higher. After you submit the online application, please visit the Testing Center webpage to sign up for the Accuplacer.
The international student application process is for those students who will be applying for, or already have, an F-1 visa to attend Century College.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the online application and submit the non-refundable application fee of $20 U.S. dollars.
Please note, F-1 international students must be degree-seeking and pursuing an associate’s level degree. F-1 students may not choose a certificate or diploma program on the application.
- Submit the following required documentation:
Proof of English Proficiency
Proof of High School Completion
Submit high school or secondary school certificates showing date of completion, with English translation if original document is not in English. If you are applying as an F-1 visa transfer student from a college within the United States, please submit official university/college transcripts for credit evaluation.
Financial Responsibility Form and Supporting Documents
- Submit a signed and notarized Financial Responsibility Form
- Submit supporting financial documents. All financial documents must be certified originals or certified true copies, and issued within 90 days of the date of submission to Century College. Documents must include the name of the account holder (i.e. student or sponsor), date, bank name, and total balance. Please black out all account numbers when submitting. Financial documents must show "accessible funds" such as a savings or checking account balance. Salary statements, tax documents, investment portfolio, et cetera are not acceptable.
Additional Required Documents
Transfer Students Please Submit the Following
Students transferring from a college or university from within the United States must also submit:
- Copies of College/University Transcripts
- Copy of I-20 Form from current school
- Transfer Eligibility Form from current school
- Copy of current visa and I-94 document
Note: If you are an F-1 student at a different college and you are not transferring your SEVIS record to Century College, you will be a visiting student. Visiting students do not need to complete the International Student application process and supplemental documents. Please follow the admissions steps for Visiting Students.
Please submit all required documents to International Student Admissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
International Student Admissions, W2303
3300 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Once the application is completed and processed, if accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter from Century College.
|Academic Term||Date Classes Begin||Application Deadline (from outside the US or changing status)||Application Deadline (for F-1 transfer students)|
|Spring Semester 2020||January 13, 2020||October 1, 2019||December 1, 2019|
|Fall Semester 2020||August 21, 2020||May 1, 2020||July 1, 2020|
|Spring Semester 2021||January 13, 2021||October 1, 2020||December 1, 2020|
All required documentation must be received in the Admissions Office by the deadlines above. Students who submit applications or application materials after the deadline will be considered for the following semester.
Special Applications, Prerequisites, and High Demand Programs
Due to the high demand for the career programs listed below, Century College cannot guarantee that you will be able to start in your intended career program immediately upon admission to Century College. In some cases, students’ academic plans will need to change, due to limited openings in certain career programs. Special application forms and/or processes are required for the following programs:
- Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Clinical Applications
- Paramedic and Paramedic Fire Science
- Radiologic Technology
After Acceptance to Century College
- You will receive a number of documents and communication confirming admission to Century College. If you are applying from outside the United States, you will receive documents for a visa application at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. Students receiving a brand new form I-20 are required by USCIS to pay a SEVIS fee ($350.00 USD). If you are applying as an F-1 visa transfer student from a college within the United States, you will receive communication on how to complete your SEVIS record transfer process.
- Take the ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test or submit a copy of your ACT, SAT or MCA score report
The ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test is administered in the Testing Center on West Campus (W2470). Photo ID is required. If submitting ACT or SAT scores, please send them via email, fax, mail or hand-delivered to the Testing Center. MCA scores need to be sent directly from the high school.
ACT requirements: 21 or higher in Reading and 22 or higher in Math. ACT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
SAT requirements: 480 or higher in Reading and 530 or higher in Math. SAT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
MCA requirements: 1047 or higher in Reading and 1148 or higher in Math. MCA Reading scores will be used to determine placement for Reading only.
- Complete a New Student Check-In and Attend International Student Welcome Day
F-1 students should plan to arrive at least two weeks prior to the semester start. Students are required to report to an International Student Advisor upon arrival for a New Student Check-In Appointment. Please call 651-773-1700 to schedule your appointment. F-1 international students are also required to attend a mandatory International Student Welcome Day. This meeting is normally held one week before the start of the semester. A separate invitation letter will be sent to you.
- Purchase the Minnesota State System approved International Student Health Insurance through Century College. All F-1 visa students at Century College are required to have the System approved health insurance each year while studying at Century College. F-1 students must purchase health insurance or provide documentation of government sponsored insurance in order to complete class registration.
- Visit the Student Health Clinic to complete the Mantoux or TB screening test.