Steps to Apply
- Apply for Admissions.
Complete the International Student Admission Application. You will need to have an F or J visa to attend Century College as an international student. B visa holders are not eligible for study in the United States. Submit non-refundable application fee of $20 U.S. dollars.
- Proof of High School Completion and/or Submit United States College Transcripts
Submit high school or secondary school certificates showing completion, with English translation if applicable. If you are applying as an F-1 visa transfer student from a college within the United States, please submit official university/college transcripts for credit evaluation.
- Proof of English proficiency.
If you are applying from outside the United States, please complete and submit your TOEFL or IELTS scores to Century College directly from the Testing Center. Century College’s school code is 6388. Minimum TOEFL scores are: Internet Based Test: 53; Paper Test: 480; Computer Test: 173; Minimum IELTS score is 5.0. If you are applying from within the United States or as an F-1 visa transfer student, you will need to complete Century College's ACCUPLACER - ESL (assessment) test for admission determination - must place into ESOL 0020 level courses or higher. TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required for applying within the United States.
- Submit the Financial Statement Form and supporting bank or financial documents.
Financial documents must include the name of the account holder (i.e. student or sponsor), date, bank name, and total balance. Please black out all account numbers when submitting. Financial documents must show "accessible funds" such as a savings or checking account balance. Salary statements, tax documents, investment portfolio, et cetera are not acceptable. Documents cannot be older than 90 days.
After Acceptance to Century College
- You will receive a number of documents and communication confirming admission to Century College. If you are applying from outside the United States, you will receive documents for a visa application at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. Students receiving a brand new form I-20 are required by USCIS to pay a SEVIS fee ($200.00 USD). If you are applying as an F-1 visa transfer student from a college within the United States, you will receive communication on how to complete your SEVIS record transfer process.
- Take the ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test or submit a copy of your ACT, SAT or MCA score report
The ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test is administered in the Testing Center on West Campus (W2470). Photo ID is required. If submitting ACT or SAT scores, please send them via email, fax, mail or hand-delivered to the Testing Center. MCA scores need to be sent directly from the high school.
ACT requirements: 21 or higher in Reading and 22 or higher in Math. ACT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
SAT requirements: 480 or higher in Reading and 530 or higher in Math. SAT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
MCA requirements: 1047 or higher in Reading and 1148 or higher in Math. MCA Reading scores will be used to determine placement for Reading only.
- Complete New Student Orientation
Orientation information will be sent via email to the email listed on your application. New Student Orientation will introduce you to Century College and the many services available to all students. Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students and enables you to register for classes. In addition to the general new student orientation session, all F-1 international students will be required to attend a mandatory international student orientation. This meeting is normally held one week before the start of the semester. A separate invitation letter will be mailed to you.
- Purchase the Minnesota State System approved International Student Health Insurance through Century College. All F-1 visa students at Century College are required to have the System approved health insurance each year while studying at Century College. F-1 students must purchase health insurance or provide documentation of government sponsored insurance in order to complete class registration.
- Visit the Health Clinic to complete the Mantoux or TB screening test.