The New Student Orientation team is excited you have chosen Century College as part of your academic journey and want to welcome you to the Wood Duck community! New Student Orientation is mandatory for all students. We are here to help you with your transition to college life and ensure you have everything you need for the first day.
In addition to attending a new student orientation, all international students are required to attend an International Student Orientation where you will meet your International Student Advisor.
Please refer to your Century College acceptance letter for more details about this information session.
Goals of Orientation
- To welcome and introduce you to the Wood Duck community.
- Learn about the many resources and student life offerings provided for all students.
- Familiarize you with campus policies and deadline dates for Financial Aid and tuition.
- An opportunity to meet with an advisor to go over course selections for your first semester.
Reserve Your Spot
After being accepted to the college, you will receive an email with information regarding signing up for your New Student Orientation. Expect your email to arrive just before your term of enrollment begins:
|When will you start classes at Century College?||Expect your invitation to Orientation to arrive:|
|Fall semester||Beginning of May|
|Spring semester||Beginning of November|
|Summer semester||End of March|
- Visit GPS LifePlan to start thinking about course selection and your major/career options before attending orientation.
- It is important that you have completed the Accuplacer assessment test (if needed) before attending a New Student Orientation. You can also use ACT scores if they are still valid.
Parents and Family Members
Family and friends play a huge role in your success! Unfortunately, due to classroom capacity, they are not able to sit with you during your orientation. However, make sure to share with them the information you get at your orientation so they are able to help you transition successfully.
Accommodations for a disability (e.g., wheelchair accessibility, interpreter, Braille or large print materials) are available through our Disability Services upon advance request. Please contact the Disability Services at 651-779-3354 a week prior to attending your orientation if assistance is needed.