|8am - 4:30pm||8am - 4:30pm||8am - 4:30pm||8am - 4:30pm||Virtual only: 8am - 12pm|
Please see steps below for completing the online orientation.
Ready to Register? Start Here!
The New Student Orientation team is excited you have chosen Century College and wants to welcome you to the Wood Duck community! We are here to help you with your transition to college life and ensure you have everything you need for the first day.
At Century, every new student is required to complete orientation before registering for courses. Follow the steps below to get started on your academic journey at Century College.
- Complete the New Student Orientation in Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace. Click on the semester below that you plan to start. Currently, orientation is only online; there are no on-campus sessions.
Fall 2021 Orientation
Orientation for fall semester 2021 is now closed. If you are planning on starting spring semester 2022, please make sure to update your start date so that you receive information for orientation for spring semester 2022.
Fall 2021 PSEO Orientation / Videos
You must be in our system for Fall Semester 2021.
- Click here to login to the college's D2L Brightspace.
- Next, click on Sign on with StarID.
- If you need to activate your StarID, visit the StarID Self Service website.
- After you log in to D2L Brightspace, on the left side under My Courses click on New Student Orientation Fall 2021.
- It is best to view the orientation in Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers.
After completing your orientation you will receive an email in 1-3 business days letting you know your next steps for registering.
Also, please view the following for additional information specific to PSEO students.
- Math Placement - Are you interested in taking a Math course through the PSEO program? Here’s what you need to know.
- Notice of Student Registration Form - This document is required to be submitted each semester.
- Registering for Classes - Important information to keep in mind when registering as a PSEO student.
- Century College Bookstore - Information regarding textbook check-out and returns.
- PSEO Guide to Success - The PSEO guide houses all policies, procedures and frequently asked questions for the PSEO program.
Spring 2022 Orientation
Currently spring 2022 orientation is not available. Please check back on November 1, 2021.
Spring 2022 PSEO Orientation / Videos
Currently spring 2022 PSEO orientation is not available. Please check back on November 1, 2021.
Summer 2022 Orientation
Currently summer 2022 orientation is not available. Please check back the end of November, 2021.
- Make sure course placement is on file with the college as you will need this to register for courses. This could include transfer course work, high school transcripts, and/or ACT, SAT, or MCA scores. Visit the Testing Center page for information on course placement.
- Once you have completed orientation, meet with your Orientation Advisor for course advisement. Review the instructions for setting up your Zoom appointment with your Orientation Advisor.
- When you know what courses you need, use this Registration Guide to register.
- Once you have registered for courses, review the Semester Checklist to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before the semester begins.
*If you are experiencing issues with logging into your myCentury, please contact the Student Help Line at 651-779-3295, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Visiting students and students who have previously attended Century (excluding concurrent enrollment and continuing education), you do not have to complete orientation. However, you do have access to the New Student Orientation in Desire2Learn Brightspace to view the information if you wish.
Need help with technology? Here are some resources.
- Technology website - https://www.century.edu/support-services/technology-services/tech-help
- Email Instructions
- Online Learning Information - https://www.century.edu/academics/online-learning
- Online Student Checklist
Admitted Student Days - Everything You Need to Know to be a Wood Duck!
Still have questions after you have registered for courses? Stop in to one of our open house style Admitted Student Days where staff from Financial Aid, Transfer Student Services, Testing Center, Advising/Counseling, Bookstore, Admissions, Library, Student Life and more will be available to answer any questions you have. We want to make sure you are set to start your first semester at Century.
These events will be held in our Back Yard on West Campus. Check your email for more information from our Admissions Office. Any questions regarding the event can be directed to email@example.com.
Resources and Helpful Information
Here is some information that will be useful as you complete the New Student Orientation or to refer back to if needed.
Century College's Student Ambassadors are a group of exceptional leaders, dedicated to assisting future students and their family members through the new student orientation experience. They are eager to meet you and help you learn more about Century College!
Are you interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Click here for more information about the position responsibilities and hiring process.
Applications will be available in soon!
Aarin Distad, 651-747-4051, W2244