The New Student Orientation team is excited you have chosen to return to Century College as part of your academic journey and want to welcome you back to the Wood Duck community! We are here to help you with your transition back to Century College and ensure you have everything you need for the first day.
Getting Registered for Classes
- If you have only been out a short time and know what courses you need, you can register when your registration window is open.
- If you are not sure what courses you need to take, you may make an appointment with your assigned advisor for help with course selection.
- If it has been a few years since you have taken courses, you can either view the online orientation or attend an on-campus orientation to re-familiarize yourself with the college.
Reserve Your Spot
After you reapply to the college, you will receive an email with information regarding signing up for your New Student Orientation. Expect your email to arrive just before your term of enrollment begins:
|When will you start classes at Century College?||Expect your invitation to Orientation to arrive:|
|Fall semester||Beginning of May|
|Spring semester||Beginning of November|
|Summer semester||End of March|
- Visit GPS LifePlan to start thinking about course selection and your major/career options before attending orientation.
- It is important that you have completed the Accuplacer assessment test (if needed) before attending a New Student Orientation. You can also use ACT scores if they are still valid. Also, if you have attended any other colleges, have transcipts sent to Century College for evaluation.
Parents and Family Members
Family and friends play a huge role in your success! Unfortunately, due to classroom capacity, they are not able to sit with you during your orientation. However, make sure to share with them the information you get at your orientation so they are able to help you transition successfully.