Skip to main content
 Current students: Priority registration for Fall Semester is now open! Register by March 15 for a chance to win a tuition award up to $1,000.  Learn more >

Transfer Student

Transfer Student
Have you completed college-level coursework and plan on completing a degree, program or MnTC?
  • Century College transfer student

    You are considered a transfer student if, prior to attending Century College, you have or will have: 

    • Completed one or more college-level courses and credits
    • Earned a degree from another college or university, vocational or technical school or institution
    • Served in the military
    • Plan to complete a degree, program, or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)

    If you are not planning to complete a degree, program, or MnTC at Century College, you may be considered a Non-Degree Seeking or Visiting Student.

College-level coursework may refer to one or more of the following: university or college coursework, Advanced Placement (AP), College in the Schools (CIS), Post-Secondary Enrollment (PSEO), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and or Military Training/Experience.

Transferring institutions requires planning. Consider using the Transfer Action Plan checklist to help guide you through the process, and know your rights and responsibilities as a transfer student. Review the Transfer Credit Policy to understand how previous coursework will be evaluated at Century College; you can use Transferology for specific information on how your credits will be applied at Century College.

Steps to Apply

  1. Apply for admission
    Click here to apply. Applications are due prior to each semester's application deadline. A one-time, non-refundable $20 application fee is required. The application fee may be waived if you are a veteran (see Veterans Services for more information) or if you meet the criteria by the National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC)

    If you are applying to the PSEO program, do not complete the online application. Please visit our PSEO website for application information. 

    If you are an International Student, please visit our International Student page for application information.
  2. Submit official high school transcript or GED certificate
    High school transcripts must be submitted confirming high school graduation. If you are currently attending high school, you must submit official high school transcripts following graduation. High school transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office.
  3. Submit official college transcripts from each college you have attended
    Official college transcripts should be sent to the Transfer Student Services/DARS Office. There are multiple things to consider depending on whether you are transferring from another Minnesota State institution, have completed military service, and more - read the transcript submission information carefully.
  4. Notification of admission status
    Once the application is complete and processed, you will receive an email from Century College regarding your admission status.

After Acceptance to Century College

  • If necessary, complete the ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test
    Previous college coursework and/or valid ACT, SAT or MCA scores may waive you from some or all parts of the ACCUPLACER course placement test. The ACCUPLACER Course Placement Test is administered in the Testing Center on West Campus (W2470). Photo ID is required. If submitting ACT or SAT scores, please send them via email, fax, mail or hand-delivered to the Testing Center. MCA scores need to be sent directly from the high school.

    ACT requirements: 21 or higher in Reading and 22 or higher in Math. ACT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
    SAT requirements: 480 or higher in Reading and 530 or higher in Math. SAT Reading scores will be used to determine placement for both Reading and English.
    MCA requirements: 1047 or higher in Reading and 1148 or higher in Math. MCA Reading scores will be used to determine placement for Reading only.
  • Complete New Student Orientation
    Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students and enables you to register for classes as well as navigate the college and its resources with success. Orientation information will be sent via email to the email listed on your application.

Trouble with the online application? Please contact Admissions at or 651-773-1700.