Century College's LGBTQ Center is a safe space and resource center for our students and community members. Visit us in W1216 to meet other LGBTQ students and allies, borrow movies or books, and learn about the work happening on campus for LGBTQ equality.
We are the first LGBTQ Center on a two-year college campus, and are excited to be a resource for you on campus and in the community.
Community Education - Coming Out Panels
For our campus and the community, we organize student Coming Out Panels, where students tell their stories and are open to questions about their experiences. Please contact us if you would like to request a panel for your class or group.
If you would like to request a panel for your class or group, please provide us with the information on how we can help.
If you need assistance or support, the following LGBTQ community organizations may be able to help.
Please contact us directly if you are in need of additional services and we will be happy to provide more resources.
- RECLAIM Mental Health Professionals – Low-cost mental health professionals specializing in LGBTQ issues
- PFLAG Twin Cities Chapter – Support for families and friends of LGBTQ individuals
- GLBT Host Home Program – Provides emergency shelter and short-term housing for homeless youth
- Minnesota Transgender Health Coalition – Advocating and providing services for trans individuals
- Outfront Minnesota – Advocacy group for LGBTQ equality who maintains large Minnesota LGBTQ organization directory
If you want to join, get involved, or learn more about on-campus student activities, please contact:
Maxwell Poessnecker, Associate Director of Student Life & Director of LGBTQ Services
651-779-3452, West Campus, W1214