Skip to main content

Frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding continuing education including who is eligible, how to find a class, registration, payment, financial aid, cancellations, accessibility, severe weather, and more.

What is continuing education?

Continuing education is non-credit open enrollment classes (available any time) or contract training programs (offered through an employer) that provide skills training, certificates, and industry certification. They are perfect for entry-level training, career changes, advancing professional skills or updating credentials for continuing education units (CEUs).

Who is eligible to take continuing education classes?

Classes are open to people of high-school age and older, unless otherwise indicated in the course description.

How do I find a class?

STEP 1: Decide on an Industry or Career Area

  • Business (accounting, finance, marketing, management)
  • Computer (Microsoft Office, info technology)
  • Health & Human Services (nursing assistant, medical coding, pharmacy, EMS/fire service, CPR)
  • Trades (electrical CEUs, welding, beekeeping)

STEP 2: Review All Subject Areas

Visit or view the catalog. Classes are always being added, so check back often!

How do I register for a class?

Online: Visit us at Use the "all courses" link or the search function to browse through our course offerings. When you find a or classes you want to take, add them to your shopping cart and then complete your order via our secure server.

By mail: Mail your completed registration form with check or money order to: Century College, CECT, 3300 Century Ave N, White Bear Lake, MN 55110.

By fax (651-779-5802): Fax your completed registration form with your Visa, Discover or Mastercard information, 24 hours every day.

In person: The Continuing Education & Customized Training office is located on the main level of the East Campus in room 2420. Payment may be made by cash, check, money order or credit card.

Where do classes meet?

Most continuing education classes meet at one of our campus locations: White Bear Lake East Campus or West Campus. Some classes meet at off-campus locations in and around the Twin Cities area. Class locations and directions will be noted in the course description and on your confirmation.

Do continuing education classes qualify for financial aid?

Non-credit, continuing education classes do not qualify for financial aid, but many of our classes DO QUALIFY for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding. Contact your county's Workforce Center to see if you qualify.

What is the policy for payment of class fees?

Payment in full is required at the time of registration for continuing education classes. We accept Discover, Mastercard, or Visa. If your registration will be paid by your employer or Dislocated Worker Organization, please contact us at 651-779-3341 or email.

How will I know if I get into a class?

If you register yourself online, you will be able to see whether there is still space available in a class. Once you complete the necessary payment information, you are registered. You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. If you register by mail or fax, you will receive written confirmation after we process your registration.

Can a class be cancelled because of low enrollment?

If we have to cancel a class due to low enrollment, we will notify you as soon as possible before the class is scheduled to begin. You will receive a full refund of your tuition or transfer to another course of your choice, space permitting.

How do I cancel my registration?

If you need to cancel your registration, you should call our registration staff at 651-779-3341. You must contact us at least three business days prior to the class start in order to receive a refund. You are not able to drop classes on your own.

What if I cannot attend a course as planned?

If you need to withdraw from a class and you notify us at least three business days before the class starts, you will receive a credit or refund of the course fee. There are no refunds or transfers allowed if you notify us three business days, or less, before the class starts.

Are your classes handicapped accessible?

Century College is committed to making its classes accessible whenever possible. For questions about accessibility, please call our Disability Access Center to make arrangements as soon as possible, 651-779-3355.

What happens in case of inclement/severe weather?

Announcements regarding closings are broadcast on WCCO 830AM. Closings of state offices/agencies include Century College. You can also check our website for closings or cancellations. We will make every effort to reschedule such classes.

During severe weather, individuals are encouraged to move indoors and seek shelter in areas providing the best cover, including stairwells without skylights, lower building levels and away from windows. Other safe areas include restrooms and rooms without windows. Each classroom space has an emergency evacuation and safe location map.

What is your privacy policy?

Century College is committed to protecting your privacy online. We do not sell or trade your personal information to others. We may use the information collected to contact you regarding course information, promotional updates, new course information, or upgrades to the website. Also, we do not store your credit card number on our website.

Can I purchase gift certificates?

Yes. Share the magic of lifelong learning! Purchase a gift certificate for a specific class or for a dollar amount that can be applied to a class of the recipient’s choice. Email us for information on how to purchase a gift certificate.