Century College Continuing Education and Customized Training (CECT) is Minnesota’s largest provider of training and development for professions and the trades, serving more than 8,000 individuals annually. CECT serves both employees and employers through open enrollment classes and certificate programs at the campus; and customized contract training at the work site. We specialize in entry-level healthcare, business and office technology, fire officer training, trades and manufacturing, and transportation. We offer a full-time, year-round staff of training experts, instructional support and customer service representatives.
We welcome proposals for new non-credit course offerings and instructors. Proposals are reviewed and accepted year-round with semester deadlines as follows:
- Fall (Sept – Dec): April 15
- Spring (Jan – May): August 15
- Summer (June – August): January 15
You will be contacted via email within two weeks of proposal submission. If selected, an interview will be scheduled which will include a presentation. All proposals will be kept on file and assessed as CECT needs and interests change.
Audiences are attracted to appealing, well-written course descriptions which communicate content clearly and concisely. General guidelines to follow:
- The titles should be kept simple and short, when possible. Creativity is important as long as it reflects course content.
- Your course description should be 120 words or less. Consequently, wording and structure is critical. Provide basic information concerning course content, objectives, and outcomes. Try to be inviting and intriguing by opening the description by asking a question, providing a definition, or stating a course outcome. You may consider writing in the second person (you will learn …) or first person plural (we will explore … ).
- Be sure to answer as many of these questions as possible: What is the course about? Is the course intended for a specific or more general audience? What concepts, techniques, or topics will be taught? As a result of the course what will students be able to do? Will any special teaching methods be used?
Courses within health careers, social work and emergency responder CEU requirements must include details related to the professional standards.
Provide a one-paragraph biography that may be used within a course catalog, custom training contracts, and other areas representing your course and CECT. Your paragraph should include relevant education and experience, special interests, publications or awards that may be pertinent to the topic.