Century College offers a variety of educational opportunities for employees to enhance their skills in health and human services.
For further information, please contact:
Heather Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-779-3902
Or, request information using the form below.
Start your healthcare career in one of the United States’ fastest growing medical professions! During this course, you will learn basic nursing care for nursing home, hospital, and assisted living facilities employment. This course includes lab exercises and supervised practical training or clinical experience in a long-term healthcare facility, meeting the requirements of the Minnesota Department of Health and OBRA. Participants that have successfully completed this course may take the Nursing Assistant Knowledge and Skills Test.
Important course information:
- You must be a minimum of 16 years old to enroll in this course.
- Attendance is important! Plan on attending every scheduled day and time.
- A background check (MN or WI) must be passed before having contact with patients.
- Required supplies: second hand watch and nursing scrubs
- Required texts: course materials are available for purchase at the Century College Bookstore. Online book code is 1NAC-0001.
- A Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) must be completed by the first day of class.
- Dress code: Please dress appropriately and professionally when attending class. No low cut, strapless or revealing tops; a bra is required. Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Minnesota Department of Health requires any individual in contact with patients to complete a background study. For more information, contact MN Department of Human Services.