Teach for us!
We are always looking for new course ideas and instructors to teach inspiring topics. If you have an idea or a talent you would like to share, please complete our course proposal form.
For more information about continuing education program areas, contact one of our customized training representatives.
Once your proposal to teach a class is accepted, you’ll work with your Century College program planner to schedule the class based on student needs and room availability.
Contracts, Agreements & Payroll Materials
As the date of your class approaches, you'll receive a packet of materials from our instructional support staff, which will include:
- Continuing Education Employment Agreement(s)/Contract
- Audiovisual (AV) Request Form
- Software/Hardware Request Form (computer classes only)
- Century College map
- Payroll packet (for new employees on payroll)
- Paycheck/advice stub tips (for employees on payroll)
Complete the forms and return them to the Century College Continuing Education and Customized Training Office as soon as possible.
Requests must be made at least ONE WEEK in advance of your class start date. Return your AV request with your Continuing Education Employment Agreement/Contract.
If you are uncertain about how to use any equipment in the classroom, you can schedule a training session by contacting Glynae Deschene at 651-748-2607 or the IT Help Desk 651-779-3495.
Century College staff will complete any duplicating required for your class; however:
- Copies of all materials to be used in class must be submitted to the discipline are program planner TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the course.
- When you teach for us, you represent Century College and all materials should reflect the look and integrity of the Century College brand. Contact your customized training representative for more information or to request a Century-branded template to use for class materials.
- All duplicating requests should be sent TWO WEEKS in advance of the class start date. If we do not receive these materials two weeks in advance, you will need to have them copied at your own expense. (Note: No copying facilities are available on campus for last-minute duplicating, so please plan ahead.)
- Send or email your handouts for duplicating to Annette Mike, Instructional Support Manager, Continuing Education Customized Training, Century College, 3300 Century Avenue North, White Bear Lake, MN 55110.
The class attendance roster, duplicated materials, and class evaluation forms will be delivered to your classroom on the day or evening of your class. If you have a one-session class, Certificates of Completion will also be provided.
You will need to obtain a key to unlock your classroom, as all classrooms are locked when not in use. Contact your program planner for a key.
Pick up a classroom key one half hour prior to the start of your class at the Continuing Education office, EAST campus room 2420. At the end of class, make sure that the room is locked. Place the key in the class materials envelope, along with the completed evaluation forms and class roster, and return them to the Continuing Education office. If it is after office hours, please slide the packet under the doors of E2420.
Your program planner will issue a key that you will use for the duration of your class. At the end of your final class, place the key in the class materials envelope, along with the completed evaluation forms and class attendance roster. Return them to the Continuing Education office, or after office hours, slide the packet under the doors of E2420.
Product or Service Promotion
Century College policy forbids product or service promotions. Materials sold in the classroom need prior administrative approval. For more information, contact your customized training representative.
Checking Class Enrollments
To check enrollment of your classes, you will need your user name and password for Lumens. If you need this information emailed, please contact Annette Mike at 651-779-3903.
- Go to century.augusoft.net (no HTTP or WWW).
- Sign in to view your class rosters, update your profile, email students, contact your program planner and propose new courses.
- If you do not have your username and password, please contact Annette Mike at 651-779-3903.
- Current and past classes will appear under "Past Rosters" and classes that have not begun yet will appear under "Future Rosters."
- You have the option of printing or viewing rosters or sign-in sheets as well as emailing students. The list of classes that you are teaching will appear in chronological order by begin date with the most recent class at the top of the screen.
- You have the option of updating your profile under the “My Profile” link. This includes your password, and adding an identification question/answer. If you need to update/add a biography, please send in an email to Annette Mike. The biography information will appear to the students when they click on the instructor name of each class they search. If you make a change to your address, email and/or telephone number, please notify the Continuing Education Office at 651-779-3341; there may be other records that need updating.
- The "Teaching" link will provide you with all of our program planner contact information.
- The "Search" and "Courses" links give you various ways to search all of the open enrollment continuing education classes currently available to our students.
We hope that you find the navigation of this site to be user friendly. If you have any questions, however, please feel free to contact Annette Mike at 651-779-3903.
Check attendance at every class session.
Students Not on Your Roster
If a student has not registered, direct him/her to the Continuing Education Office, E2420, to register BEFORE attending class.
If this happens on a weekend, after 6 pm or at an off-campus location, use the extra registration forms in the packet of materials that has been left in your classroom. Unregistered students must complete the entire registration form. Note: If they decline to give a social security number, they must give a date of birth.
Payment may be made by check (payable to Century College) or credit card. Enclose any registration forms with other materials (class attendance rosters, evaluation forms, etc.) in the materials envelope.
Certificates and attendance rosters
Certificates are provided for all students on the class roster. At the end of your session, distribute certificates to students. Return unclaimed certificates in the materials envelope, along with your class attendance roster and class evaluations.
Students who registered on the day of your class will receive certificates in the mail.
Take attendance at each class, using the roster provided. In order to issue the correct number of hours, we must know how many hours the student attended class. We cannot award hours for classes that were not attended.
Place your attendance roster and student evaluation forms in the materials envelope provided and return to the Continuing Education Customized Training office, E2420, or slide underneath the doors.
Return these materials after your SECOND TO LAST CLASS. We will prepare certificates to be handed out during the last class. Should a student miss the last class, return the certificate to the Continuing Education Office. We will adjust the number of hours earned and mail the certificate to the student.
To cut down on mailing expenses, return your class roster after your second to last class. If you are unable to drop off this list, call our Instructional Support Specialist at 651.748.2607 to give staff attendance information over the phone, so that we may have the certificates ready for your last class.
You may also fax the roster to 651-779-5802 (attention: Instructional Support Specialist).
Evaluations are the primary method for students to provide feedback on the value of a course. Tallied results of certain portions of the evaluation are also required by Minnesota State.
Please encourage all students to fill out the evaluation forms. Place these forms in the materials envelope, along with your class attendance roster and key.
If you need assistance with the AV or computer equipment in your classroom, go to the Computer Lab, EAST Campus room 1700 or WEST Campus room 1320.
You may also contact the AV Help Line at 651-779-3495. If you call after 6 pm, leave a voice message on the “emergency” option. These messages are checked immediately.
Heating and Lighting Concerns
Call the Facilities Services Help Desk at 651-747-4079.
From a campus phone, dial 4000; otherwise, dial 651-747-4000.
You are welcome to rearrange the tables/chairs, but we ask that you return all equipment, tables, etc. to their original position at the end of your class.
Payroll and Contract Information
Instructors on Payroll
After you have returned your completed State of Minnesota payroll packet, you will be entered in the payroll system. Pay periods are listed on the payroll calendar included in your course materials.
Instructors Paid Through a Business or Sole Proprietorship
In Case of Emergency
Should an emergency arise that prevents you from teaching class, contact the Continuing Education Office at 651-779-3341 as soon as possible so that students can be notified. We encourage you to offer a make-up class, as your students will not receive partial refunds.
Announcements regarding closing of state offices, including Century College, can be heard on WCCO Radio 830AM.
Closures are also announced on the Century College website.
Instructional Support Manager
CECT Agreements/Contracts, AV Request Forms, and Duplicating
Instructional Support Specialist
Attendance, Certificates, and Evaluations
Continuing Education Registration and Customer Service