Apply for Financial Aid

Image of student talking with student worker at front desk.
Federal School Code: 010546

Get started applying for financial aid. It is recommended you begin this process as early as possible after January 1 for the following fall academic year.

Thumbnail of A Minute to Learn It - Federal Aid Eligibility

Financial Aid Basic Eligibility

  • Be a US citizen or permanent resident
  • Be a high school graduate or GED holder
  • Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program--typically at least 16 credits in length. Non-credit Continuing Education courses are not eligible for financial aid
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Be registered with the Selective Service (males only)
  • Be making satisfactory academic progress
  • Be attempting no more than 30 remedial credits
Thumbnail of  Getting Started 2022 - 23

Steps to Apply

  1. Gather your social security number, applicable Income Tax Return, and parent's Income Tax Return (if you are under 24).
  2. Create a FSA ID in order to electronically sign the FAFSA, or print, sign and mail to the address indicated on the application.
  3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the Century College Federal School Code: 010546.

Steps After Completing the FAFSA

  1. Allow one week for Century College to receive your application. Monitor your Century College email or eServices following submission of the FAFSA in case verification documents are required by the Financial Aid Office.
  2. Once your application is processed, view and respond to your Financial Aid Awards, which outlines your grant and/or loan eligibility, through eServices.
  3. If you need to request loans, visit requesting a loan for next steps. 
  4. Grants are automatically credited to your tuition bill along with the first disbursement of any certified loans. If there are excess funds, the Business Office will send them via BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. within five (5) business days after the funds post to your student account. For more information, please visit the BankMobile Disbursements website
  5. College work-study funds may be available, learn more by visiting student employment.

Congratulations! You have completed the financial aid process.   

Other Information

For financial aid information about summer semester, taking course(s) at another college/university, and other special circumstances, check out the information below.

Loan Forgiveness

Student Loan Debt Relief Is Blocked

Courts have issued orders blocking the student debt relief program. As a result, at this time, the US Department of Education is no longer accepting applications. The US Department of Education is seeking to overturn those orders.

If you’ve already applied, your application will be on hold. Subscribe and check back here for updates. Updated information will be posted as soon as it is available.

Learn More >

Summer Semester Financial Aid

Financial Aid eligibility for summer semester is based on the amount of unused aid from the previous fall and/or spring semesters.

Current Century College Students

Current students that have completed the FAFSA for the current academic year (fall or spring semester) will receive a notice of summer aid eligibility approximately a week after registration for summer classes.

View your Summer Award Letter at eServices

New Students/New Financial Aid Applicants

If you are applying for financial aid for summer semester, you must:

  • be admitted to Century College and enrolled in an "aid eligible" program.
  • complete the FAFSA for the current academic year (i.e. prior fall/spring) before June 30.
    Note: The FAFSA deadline of June 30 is prior to the end of the summer semester.

Financial Aid for Course(s) at Another College/University

The Consortium Agreement is a process where you can add credits from another Minnesota State college/university (host school) to the credits or enrollment at Century College (home school) to increase credit load, and possibly, financial aid. Students must be enrolled for at least one course at Century College to have a consortium agreement approved and processed through Century College.

Century College agrees to accept the credits taken at the host school on the same basis as Century College courses. The course(s) taken at the host school will count toward the student’s enrollment level for calculating financial aid eligibility.

The student is responsible for the host school's tuition and fees by the semester tuition deadline.

Host School is a Minnesota State School

As part of the Minnesota State system, Century College students are encouraged to complete the Financial Aid Consortium Agreement form. Students who do not complete this form are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office to ensure timely consortium processing.

Submit completed form to the Century College Financial Aid Office.

Special Circumstances

Change of Income

If your family's financial situation changes after you have submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or if you feel that the results from the FAFSA don't fully represent your family's financial situation, contact the Financial Aid Office and let us know your circumstances. You may be eligible to apply for a Professional Judgment-Change of Income.

Death, separation, divorce, unemployment, loss of employment, unusual medical/dental care expenses, or loss of non-taxable income or benefits are all examples of unusual circumstances that may affect your financial aid eligibility. Our staff will help you determine if your circumstances warrant changing the FAFSA results and what documentation may be necessary to make the changes.

Change in Dependency Status

The FAFSA asks a series of questions that determine whether you are a dependent or independent student for purposes of applying for federal student aid. If you are a dependent student, you must provide your legal parent's information, as well as your own information, on your FAFSA. A legal parent is your biological, adoptive, or your parent as determined by the state (for example, if the parent is listed on your birth certificate).

However, in some circumstances, students may be unable to provide parental information on the application. In these cases, students must still complete the FAFSA, but submit it without parent information. The student must then contact the Financial Aid Office to complete the appropriate steps for requesting a review of their dependency status. Our office will help determine whether a student’s dependency status can be changed to independent.


Completion of your financial aid application before the term starts allows you to review your eligibility and ensure your financial aid pays on time.

The 2022-2023 deadline to complete this process is 120 days after you were last enrolled or September 16, 2023 whichever is earlier.

Students who are eligible for MN State Grant funds must complete their FAFSA or MN Dream Act application by the 30th day of the term in which they are applying for aid.

For more resources, including information on paying for college in multiple languages, the Minnesota Office of Higher Education has some resources:

If you have questions about the financial aid application process, contact the Century College Financial Aid Office.