Get started applying for financial aid. It is recommended you begin this process as early as possible after January 1 for the following fall academic year.
Financial Aid Basic Eligibility
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Be a high school graduate or GED holder
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program—typically at least 16 credits in length. Non-credit Continuing Education courses are not eligible for financial aid
- Have a valid social security number
- Be registered with the Selective Service (males only)
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
- Be attempting no more than 30 remedial credits
Steps to Apply
- Gather your social security number, applicable Income Tax Return, and parent’s Income Tax Return (if you are under 24).
- Create a FSA ID in order to electronically sign the FAFSA, or print, sign and mail to the address indicated on the application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the Century College Federal School Code: 010546.
Steps After Completing the FAFSA
- Allow one week for Century College to receive your application. Monitor your Century College email or eServices following submission of the FAFSA in case verification documents are required by the Financial Aid Office.
- Once your application is processed, view and respond to your Financial Aid Awards, which outlines your grant and/or loan eligibility, through eServices.
- If you need to request loans, visit requesting a loan for next steps.
- Grants are automatically credited to your tuition bill along with the first disbursement of any certified loans. If there are excess funds, the Business Office will send them via BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. within five (5) business days after the funds post to your student account. For more information, please visit the BankMobile Disbursements website.
- College work-study funds may be available, learn more by visiting student employment.
Congratulations! You have completed the financial aid process.
For financial aid information about summer semester, taking course(s) at another college/university, and other special circumstances, check out the information below.
If you have questions about the financial aid application process, contact the Century College Financial Aid Office.