According to Century College policies, dropping a course or totally withdrawing may result in a refund of tuition and fees. The method of refund is determined by the method of payment.

  • Refunds for payments made online with a credit card will automatically be refunded to that same card.
  • Refunds for payment by credit card not made online, cash, check, or e-check will be disbursed to the student based on your refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. The college uses an external provider to process refunds, financial aid overages, and student payroll. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, visit their website. The college's contract with this provider can be found here.

All refunds will be issued within 30 calendar days of the official drop/withdrawal from the course(s).

Fall Semester 2022 Refund Policy

Registration changes Drop/withdrawal from some, but not all classesDrop/withdrawal from all classes
Prior to 1st day of the semester (through August 21)100%100%
1st - 5th day of the semester (August 22-26)100%100%
6th - 10th day of the semester (August 27-September 2)0%75%
11th - 15th day of the semester (September 3-12)0%50%
16th - 20th day of the semester (September 13-19)0%25%
Remainder of the semester0%0%

Spring Semester 2023 Refund Policy

Registration changesDrop/withdrawal from some, but not all classesDrop/withdrawal from all classes
Prior to 1st day of the semester (through January 9)100%100%
1st - 5th day of the semester (January 9-13)100%100%
6th - 10th day of the semester (January 14-20)0%75%
11th - 15th day of the semester (January 21-30)0%50%
16th - 20th day of the semester (January 31-February 6)0%25%
Remainder of the semester0%0%

Refunds are available for courses that start after the first 5 days of the semester. To receive a 100% refund, you must drop the course within one business day after the official first class date. You can find the exact drop date deadline for each course by referring to the online course schedule. There are no partial refunds.


Canceled classes, college error, injury/illness, or family death.

Full (100%) refunds are given after the first five days of the semester when a class is cancelled. Refunds other than the scheduled amount may be given when there is a serious injury or illness, a death in the immediate family, or when there is college error. This is done through the petition process.

Download the Refund or Late Withdrawal Petition form, complete it and submit to the Business Office. The form can be emailed to, or mailed to:

Century College
Attn: Business Office
3300 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN 55110

Supporting documentation should be submitted with the petition form. Refund requests must be made by the end of the following semester for the course in question. For additional information, please contact the Business Office at 651-779-3278.

Short Courses

For short courses running less than three weeks, 100% refunds are available only through the day after the first scheduled class day.

Refund Policy for Financial Aid Return to Title IV

If a student completely withdraws from all credits before the 60% point of that term, the financial aid disbursed is subject to the State and Federal Return of Title IV Funds. Students "earn" financial aid in proportion to the time they are enrolled up to the 60% point.

The unearned share of financial aid is returned in the following order:

  • Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan
  • Federal Subsidized Direct Loan
  • PLUS Loan
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal SEOG

State financial aid programs are refunded to the Minnesota Office of Higher Education/State of Minnesota. The student may be required to repay a portion of financial aid he/she received.

If a student withdraws before financial aid is disbursed, the student is responsible for the tuition due to the College.

Please contact the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing, if you have any questions regarding your possible repayment obligation.

Credit Balance Disbursement

A credit balance on your student account is created when you withdraw from a course per the refund policy deadlines and are entitled to a refund for payments already made or have excess financial aid remaining after all eligible charges on your account are paid in full.

For example, when your financial aid amounts exceed the total amount of tuition and fees billed to your student account, you will receive the excess funds. In this case, a disbursement will be processed in the amount of the excess funds per your refund selection made at

NOTE: If you drop or withdraw from classes, your financial aid may be adjusted and you may owe some or all of your credit balance back to the college.

Getting your Financial Aid Refund

As noted above, Century College uses BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. to refund money to our students. It is critically important that your refund preference is set up with BankMobile Disbursements so Century College can get your financial aid refund to you. You have 30 days to set up your refund preference. If your refund preference is not set up, Century College cannot get the money to you. When Century College cannot get your financial aid refund money to you in a timely fashion, the college is legally obligated to return the funds to the financial aid program. Once the financial aid has been returned to their programs, students are no longer able to access/receive these funds.

BankMobile Disbursements and Century College will make every effort to help you set up your refund preference. It is your responsibility to set up how the college should get the financial aid refund to you in a timely fashion.