Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC)
MnACC, along with contributions from the Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC), provides scholarships for students of color who are in pursuit of higher education. Students who are awarded this scholarship will receive a one-time award ranging between $500 to $2,500 to be used toward their education. Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Identify as a student of color graduating from a Minnesota high school
- Enroll as a full-time, first year student for the 2016-2017 school year at a MnACC member institution.
- Complete the scholarship application, including the required essay, and enrollment verification, if selected as a recipient. If applying for the President's Award, candidates must also submit an official high school transcript & letter of recommendation.
For more information, refer to the Shonna Fulford-MnACC Scholarship webpage.
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program (MISP)
Scholarships are available to eligible Indian undergraduate students enrolled at least 3/4 time and graduate students enrolled at least half time. In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be:
- One-fourth or more American Indian ancestry
- A Minnesota resident
- Enrolled in an accredited college, university or vocational school in Minnesota
- Qualify for either a Pell or State Grant.
For more information, refer to the Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program.
Century Foundation Scholarships
The Century College Foundation offers over 100 scholarships annually. Students attending Century College can apply at the beginning of Spring semester to receive a scholarship for the following Fall and Spring semesters. Funded through contributions from alumni, faculty and staff, community members and corporations, the Century College Foundation awards scholarships totaling more than $300,000.
- Enrollment Policy: To be eligible for a Century College Foundation Scholarship, you must register for the minimum number of credits required by your scholarship and you must continue to meet all other criteria of the scholarship
- Disbursement Policy: Scholarships are prorated between fall and spring semester. Which means you will receive half of your scholarship to go towards paying for Fall tuition and the other half will go towards Spring Semester. If a student does only attends one semester during the academic year, the remaining funds will be re-awarded. If an alternate student does not qualify, the funds will be returned to the scholarship account.
- Cancellation Policy: The Century College Foundation reserves the right to revoke a scholarship if the recipient does not meet the criteria established by his or her scholarship.