Century Foundation Scholarships
The Century College Foundation offers over 100 scholarships annually. Students attending Century College can apply at the beginning of Spring semester to receive a scholarship for the following Fall and Spring semesters. Funded through contributions from alumni, faculty and staff, community members and corporations, the Century College Foundation awards scholarships totaling more than $300,000.
2021 Century College Scholarships: Applications accepted January 15 - April 15, 2021
Applications are accepted annually between January 15 and April 15, for scholarships awarded the following fall. Read the details below and APPLY HERE. You can also watch our Scholarship Bootcamp video for full details on the scholarship process.
Some scholarships offered by other foundations are available year round - scroll down to the External Scholarships section of this page to learn more about which scholarships are currently available.
|Scholarship Bootcamp with Sonja & Kristen!||Scholarship Help Drop-In|
|Every other Thursday @ 1pm
February 11 and 25 & March 11 and 25
|Wednesdays @ 12 noon|
Part 1: Searching for Scholarships Deep Dive
|Come talk about your application, where you might be stuck, or general questions.|
Missed the bootcamps? Don't worry! We recorded them for you.
2021 Scholarship Schedule
|Scholarship Application Window Open||January 15 - April 15|
|Reviewing of Scholarships||April 19 - May 7|
|Notification of Awards||Week of May 10, 2021|
|Scholarship Application Window Open||April 30 - July 9|
|Reviewing of Scholarships||July 12 - 19|
|Notification of Awards||Week of July 26|
- Enrollment Policy: To be eligible for a Century College Foundation Scholarship, you must register for the minimum number of credits required by your scholarship and you must continue to meet all other criteria of the scholarship
- Disbursement Policy: Scholarships are prorated between fall and spring semester. Which means you will receive half of your scholarship to go towards paying for Fall tuition and the other half will go towards Spring Semester. If a student does only attends one semester during the academic year, the remaining funds will be re-awarded. If an alternate student does not qualify, the funds will be returned to the scholarship account.
- Cancellation Policy: The Century College Foundation reserves the right to revoke a scholarship if the recipient does not meet the criteria established by his or her scholarship.
Application Process and Other Resources
What’s New in 2021?
- Personal Essay: Students do NOT need a personal essay. Just apply within the AwardSpring system, all personal essay-style questions are now within the program.
- Financial Aid Award Letters: You will need to know your financial aid details. This available is within e-Services.
- There will be multiple rounds to increase students chances at receiving a scholarship that best fits them! Current student scholarships will be open for Round 1. New and incoming students scholarships will be offered in Round 2. Round 2 will also feature some current student scholarships. Chcek back often for updates on scholarships!
Review the Scholarship Guide for a complete listing of scholarships and application details.
AwardSpring Online Application
The scholarship application process is fully online. It is a one-time application. Students will be automatically be applied to all scholarships for which they qualify as determined by the Award Spring tracking and review system. For scholarships with a later deadline go to AwardSpring Online to apply. You are able to go back and update/edit your application anytime before the deadline date. You will only need to fill out ONE application to see how many Century College scholarships you qualify for.
For help with the application process in AwardSpring, please see one of these helpful guides:
- Applying for a Scholarship - Video | A complete overview of the application process, divided into helpful chapters for you to skip to the relevant area of question.
- AwardSpring application guide
- Scholarship Application Questions
- Additional Questions
- Essay Question Prompts
To apply for a Century College Scholarship, you will need to provide:
- Unofficial Transcript (a DARS report is not a transcript): Obtaining an Unofficial Transcript - Video (3 minutes)
- Letter of Recommendation: Tips for Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
View the instructions for Attaching Financial Information.
Contact Sonja LaFoy at 651-748-2609 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Century College students have some unique opportunities to scholarships administered by organizations that want to make your college experience as affordable as possible. To search for other external scholarship opportunities, click here.
Century STEM Scholarship Awards for 2021-22
Earn a scholarship award of up to $3750 each semester, for up to 5 semesters!
Applications are now being accepted for the Scholarships for Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (S-STEM). Students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics are eligible to apply.
Sponsored by a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF DUE-2030638), this program provides scholarships up to $3750 per student for up to 5 semesters (not including summers).
Students applying to the STEM Scholars program should read the STEM Scholarship Application Information Packet for eligibility requirements and directions to apply.
White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce Dale Hedstrand Scholarship Fund
Now accepting applicants for the 2021 White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship. The Chamber will award a minimum of three (3) $500.00 scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded to the candidate who best fulfills the following criteria. Prior applicants are encouraged to re-apply. Applications must be received by Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Mark M. Welter "100% American" Scholarship
LeadMN is seeking from the Minnesota State colleges and universities nominations for the Mark M. Welter World 100% American Scholarship. Twenty $500 awards (one per college) will be given to Minnesota State students who exemplify and understanding of the interconnected nature of the world, its nations and all people. Students can either be nominated, or apply themselves online. The nomination form or the online application is due noon on Friday, October 30, 2020 to email@example.com.
LeadMN Leadership Scholarships
Awarded both fall and spring semesters, and are available to any current student at one of the 37 Minnesota State public colleges or universities (which includes Century College) who have strong leadership skills and a commitment to serving others. Eligible students should complete the Lead MN Application by Nov 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM to receive funds for spring semester 2020. Contact LeadMN Development Assistant Joyce Petsch (651-203-9464) with questions.
Impact Scholarship for Black Students
Bold.org is offering a $2,550 scholarship for Black students. The Impact Scholarship for Black Students is part of a series of grants for Black students across any field of study or education level.
In an effort to build a more equitable country, the Mechanism Ventures team is funding 15 grants for Black students and recent graduates across a wide variety of fields where opportunity is not equal.
This scholarship will be awarded to a Black student who excels at dreaming big and starting small while building their vision for the future. Strong candidates will be extremely ambitious, driven, and talented. Applications are due May 11, 2021.
The Organic Bunny Scholarship
Now accepting applications for this new scholarship award of $1,000. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria: be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or be a current high school senior that has been accepted into a college or university. Applications are due May 31, 2021.
Sue Fischer Nursing Scholarship
Mercy Hospital Foundation has established the Sue Fischer Scholarship for Nursing Excellence. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide nursing students an opportunity to pursue their academic studies. This scholarship is designed for students who are pursing their RN degree. Completed applications must be received by May 21, 2021.
Nellie Stone Johnson Scholarship
Each year, Nellie Stone Johnson Scholarships are awarded to students enrolled in community or technical colleges, ranging from up to $1200 for part time and up to $2500 for full time. Applicants must be themselves a union member, or the child, grandchild or spouse of a union member, and a racial/ethnic group member. Visit the website for complete eligibility criteria. Applications due June 1, 2021.
Workforce Development Scholarship
Minnesota employers are facing a critical shortage of workers with the skills needed for high-demand occupations. To address this shortage, the Minnesota Legislature and Governor have invested to create hundreds of Workforce Development Scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each for students starting Fall Semester 2020 at Minnesota State colleges, including Century College.
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program (MISP)
Scholarships are available to eligible Indian undergraduate students enrolled at least 3/4 time and graduate students enrolled at least half time. In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be:
- One-fourth or more American Indian ancestry
- A Minnesota resident
- Enrolled in an accredited college, university or vocational school in Minnesota
- Qualify for either a Pell or State Grant.
For more information, refer to the Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program.
Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC)
MnACC, along with contributions from the Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC), provides scholarships for students of color who are in pursuit of higher education. Students who are awarded this scholarship will receive a one-time award ranging between $500 to $2,500 to be used toward their education. Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Identify as a student of color graduating from a Minnesota high school
- Enroll as a full-time, first year student for the 2018-2019 school year at a MnACC member institution.
- Complete the scholarship application, including the required essay, and enrollment verification, if selected as a recipient. If applying for the President's Award, candidates must also submit an official high school transcript & letter of recommendation.
For more information, refer to the Shonna Fulford-MnACC Scholarship webpage.
2020 Scholarship Banquet
Congratulations to all 2020 scholarship recipients! Students and guests who attended the Scholarship Award Ceremony and Workforce Development Award Ceremony on October 28 and October 29 can view the event videos here.