Century Foundation Scholarships
The Century College Foundation offers over 100 scholarships annually. Students attending Century College can apply at the beginning of Spring semester to receive a scholarship for the following Fall and Spring semesters. Funded through contributions from alumni, faculty and staff, community members and corporations, the Century College Foundation awards scholarships totaling more than $300,000.
2022-2023 Century College Scholarships are now open.
Applications are accepted at different times of the year for a variety of scholarships. Read the details below and APPLY HERE. You can also watch our Scholarship Bootcamp video for full details on the scholarship process. Round one applications are currently being reviewed - see 2022-2023 Scholarship Schedule below for full details.
Some scholarships offered by other foundations are available year round - scroll down to the External Scholarships section of this page to learn more about which scholarships are currently available.
|Scholarship Bootcamp with Sonja & Kristen!|
May 18 - Part 1: Searching for Scholarships Deep Dive
June 1 - Part 2: Writing a Winning Essay
June 15 - Part 3: The Accessories – Letters of Recommendation, Transcripts, & Other Required Docs
June 29 - Part 4: Overview-Tips, Tricks and Common Mistakes on Your Century College Scholarship Application
Need help with your application? Watch one of these bootcamp videos.
2022-2023 Scholarship Schedule
|Scholarship Application Window Open||January 14 - March 25, 2022|
|Reviewing of Scholarships||March 28 - April 22, 2022|
|Notification of Awards||Week of April 25, 2022|
|Scholarship Application Window Open||April 29 - July 1, 2022|
|Reviewing of Scholarships||July 5 - July 29, 2022|
|Notification of Awards||Week of August 1, 2022|
|Scholarship Application Window Open||TBD|
|Reviewing of Scholarships||TBD|
|Notification of Awards||TBD|
- Enrollment Policy: To be eligible for a Century College Foundation Scholarship, you must register for the minimum number of credits required by your scholarship and you must continue to meet all other criteria of the scholarship. Students must be attending Century College to receive a scholarship, unless otherwise stated by the scholarship.
- Disbursement Policy: Scholarships are prorated between fall and spring semester. Which means you will receive half of your scholarship to go towards paying for Fall tuition and the other half will go towards Spring Semester. If a student does only attends one semester during the academic year, the remaining funds will be re-awarded. If an alternate student does not qualify, the funds will be returned to the scholarship account.
- Cancellation Policy: The Century College Foundation reserves the right to revoke a scholarship if the recipient does not meet the criteria established by his or her scholarship.
Application Process and Other Resources
What’s New in 2022?
- Personal Essay: Students do NOT need a personal essay. Just apply within the AwardSpring system, all personal essay-style questions are now within the program.
- Financial Aid Award Letters: You will need to know your financial aid details. This available is within e-Services.
- There will be multiple rounds to increase students chances at receiving a scholarship that best fits them! Current student scholarships will be open for Round 1. New and incoming students scholarships will be offered in Round 2. Round 2 will also feature some current student scholarships. Check back often for updates on scholarships!
Review the Scholarship Guide for a complete listing of scholarships and application details.
AwardSpring Online Application
The scholarship application process is fully online. It is a one-time application. Students will be automatically be applied to all scholarships for which they qualify as determined by the Award Spring tracking and review system. For scholarships with a later deadline go to AwardSpring Online to apply. You are able to go back and update/edit your application anytime before the deadline date. You will only need to fill out ONE application to see how many Century College scholarships you qualify for.
For help with the application process in AwardSpring, please see one of these helpful guides:
- Applying for a Scholarship - Video | A complete overview of the application process, divided into helpful chapters for you to skip to the relevant area of question.
- AwardSpring application guide / AwardSpring application guide-Spanish
- Scholarship Application Questions / Scholarship Application Questions - Spanish
- Essay Question Prompts
- Common Mistakes
To apply for a Century College Scholarship, you will need to provide:
- Unofficial Transcript (a DARS report is not a transcript): Obtaining an Unofficial Transcript - Video (3 minutes)
- Letter of Recommendation: Tips for Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
View the instructions for Attaching Financial Information.
Contact Sonja LaFoy at 651-748-2609 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Century College students have some unique opportunities to scholarships administered by organizations that want to make your college experience as affordable as possible. To search for other external scholarship opportunities, click here.
We are hosting a virtual information session to answer your questions and get you started applying for this external scholarship opportunity that specially considers Century College students. It will be this Thursday, February 24 at 2pm! Join here.
MNBNA Nursing Scholarship
The Minnesota Black Nurses Association (MNBNA) is seeking two candidates to apply for MNBNA Nursing Scholarships. Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded Fall 2021 to two candidates who meet the criteria as stipulated in the application process.
Applications due 5:00 p.m. on September 30, 2021 - learn more and apply >
Century STEM Scholarship Awards for 2021-22
Earn a scholarship award of up to $3750 each semester, for up to 5 semesters!
Applications are now being accepted for the Scholarships for Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (S-STEM). Students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics are eligible to apply.
Sponsored by a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF DUE-2030638), this program provides scholarships up to $3750 per student for up to 5 semesters (not including summers).
Students applying to the STEM Scholars program should read the STEM Scholarship Application Information Packet for eligibility requirements and directions to apply.
White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce Dale Hedstrand Scholarship Fund
Now accepting applicants for the 2022 White Bear Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship. The Chamber will award a minimum of three (3) $500.00 scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded to the candidate who best fulfills the following criteria. Prior applicants are encouraged to re-apply. Applications must be received by Wednesday, March 31, 2022.
LeadMN Leadership Scholarships
Awarded both fall and spring semesters, and are available to any current student at one of the 37 Minnesota State public colleges or universities (which includes Century College) who have strong leadership skills and a commitment to serving others. Eligible students should complete the Lead MN Application by April 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM to receive funds for fall semester 2022. Contact LeadMN Development Assistant Joyce Petsch (651-203-9464) with questions.
The Organic Bunny Scholarship
Now accepting applications for this new scholarship award of $1,000. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria: be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or be a current high school senior that has been accepted into a college or university. Applications are due May 31, 2022.
Sue Fischer Nursing Scholarship
Mercy Hospital Foundation has established the Sue Fischer Scholarship for Nursing Excellence. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide nursing students an opportunity to pursue their academic studies. This scholarship is designed for students who are pursing their RN degree. Completed applications must be received by May 23, 2022.
The Sterbenz-Ryan Scholarship Program
The Sterbenz-Ryan Scholarship program is designed for students that are or will attend a public university in WI or MN and have faced challenging life circumstances and can demonstrate financial need. The Sterbenz-Ryan Scholarship was established in 2016 by local businessman Richard Sterbenz and Martin Ryan who wanted to ‘give kids like them a shot at life they never had.’
Approximately 100 scholarships a year of $2,000 will be offered to eligible traditional and non-traditional students who otherwise may not have the opportunity to attend a public post-secondary school in MN or WI.
The due date for all scholarships is March 31, 2022.
Visit the Sterbenz-Ryan Scholarship website for the application and more information.
Wallin 2-Year Scholarship
The 2-Year Program is modeled after our 4-Year Program, combining financial aid, advising, and access to career prep. Selected scholars are eligible for up to $6,000 of financial aid over three years, have access to a full time 2-year focused advisor, and participate in a wide variety of career preparation events and sessions alongside our 4-year scholars. Students must be a graduating senior, have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, and demonstrate financial need.
The application can be found here. Priority deadline is May 15, 2022.
Horatio Alger Association Career/Technical (CTE) Scholarship Program
This Career/Technical Scholarship is up to $2,500 toward a career or technical program ending in a certificate or Associates Degree. Many students across the United States have taken advantage of these funds to further their education.
• Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
• Enroll in an eligible program in the Fall of 2022. (May already be enrolled if less than half the program is completed.)
• Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited, non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
• Demonstrate critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
• Demonstrate perseverance in overcoming adversity
• Be age 30 or under
• Be a United States citizen
Visit the website for more information. The priority application deadline is June 15, 2022.
IME Becas Scholarship for Fall 2021
Century College Foundation and the Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) has funded scholarships to eligible undergraduate students of Mexican or of Mexican origin, who are pursuing an education at Century College. Priority will be given to individuals who have no or limited financial resources (such as FAFSA/MN Dream Act) to pay for tuition to start and/or persist in school. Please complete and submit this scholarship form before Thursday, August 26, 2021. When you click on application link, you will be asked to enter your email in the following format YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu and then your StarID password.
Eligibility Requirements for IME BECAS Scholarship:
- Must be enrolled at Century College in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must demonstrate that student is Mexican or of Mexican origin.
- Must meet or exceed minimum academic standards of a GPA of 2.00 or above.
- Complete and submit form (Click Here).
- Highschool (if you have not completed college courses) or college transcript.
If you have any questions, please contact Yessica Santana.
Appointments available in Spanish and English. Click here to schedule an appointment online.
Workforce Development Scholarship
Minnesota employers are facing a critical shortage of workers with the skills needed for high-demand occupations. To address this shortage, the Minnesota Legislature and Governor have invested to create hundreds of Workforce Development Scholarships in the amount of $3,000 each for students starting Fall Semester at Minnesota State colleges, including Century College. Applications are accepted annually between January 15 and July 9.
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program (MISP)
Scholarships are available to eligible Indian undergraduate students enrolled at least 3/4 time and graduate students enrolled at least half time. In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be:
- One-fourth or more American Indian ancestry
- A Minnesota resident
- Enrolled in an accredited college, university or vocational school in Minnesota
- Qualify for either a Pell or State Grant.
For more information, refer to the Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program.
2020 Scholarship Banquet
Congratulations to all 2020 scholarship recipients! Students and guests who attended the Scholarship Award Ceremony and Workforce Development Award Ceremony on October 28 and October 29 can view the event videos here.