If payments are not received and your account moves into past due status, Century College may turn over the collection of the account to Minnesota Department of Revenue, or to a private collection agency. It’s extremely important that classes are dropped within the published refund period.

Accounts that are not paid in full may be referred to the Minnesota Department of Revenue’s Collection Division, or to a private collection agency. By law (MN Statute 16D.07), the Department of Revenue can assess up to a 25 percent fee to cover the costs of collecting your debt. You may request cancellation of the collection cost as provided by MN Statute section 16D.11, subdivision 3. Interest may be charged pursuant to MN Statute 16D.13.

By law, the MN Department of Revenue can also take the following actions to collect your debt:

  • Obtain a judgment against you
  • File a lien against you
  • Garnish your wages
  • Levy your bank account
  • Issue subpoenas
  • Seize your property
  • Offset your: Federal or State tax refund, lottery winnings, Federal or State vendor payments
  • Revoke or deny renewal of a professional license you may have
  • Report you to a credit bureau
  • Refer your debt to a private collection agency
  • Access nonpublic government data about you to collect this debt

By making a prompt, full payment to the Century College’s Business Office, you can avoid having the debt turned over to the Mn Department of Revenue and having the collection cost assessed . You have the right to contest the validity of Century College’s claim. To contest the validity of Century College’s claim, you must submit a written request to the address below within 20 days of the date of the final notice.

Century College Business Office
3300 Century Avenue
White Bear Lake, MN 55110