When a student’s tuition, fees, and/or bookstore purchases are billed directly to an outside agency or organization (not a family member nor owned by you or a family member), the process is termed “third-party billing”.
Century College will bill the agency or organization on your behalf but must receive written authorization from the sponsoring agency or organization before the third-party billing can be processed. It is your responsibility to submit the Third Party Authorization Form each term before the tuition payment arrangement deadline.
Third-Party Billing Procedures
- View and/or print the College’s Third Party Authorization Form.
- In certain cases, the College will accept official agency purchase orders in place of the Authorization for Payment form. An agency using a purchase order, or any other form of authorization, must provide all of the information required by the Authorization for Payment form, including:
- Student name
- Century College Student ID number (Social Security number may also be used)
- Agency name and billing address
- Name and phone number of the contact person
- Signature of the contact person or authorized signer (if different)
- The term covered by the authorization to pay
- Funding expiration date
- Dollar amount or percentage of college costs covered
- Types of charges to be covered
- Sales tax exempt number (if applicable)
- Indication whether funding should be applied to a student account before or after any financial aid
- NOTE: Separate authorization is required for books and materials
Authorization for Payment may be mailed, faxed, or delivered to the Third-Party Coordinator at:
Century College Business Office
3300 Century Ave
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
After the College receives the Authorization for Payment, an award is entered into a student account. This information indicates the funding source and allows the accounts receivable system to generate third-party invoices. If, for some reason, the third party is unwilling to pay the charges incurred, those charges become the student’s obligation.
Agencies or organizations requiring course completion or proof of grades before authorizing payment are tuition reimbursement programs. These programs do not qualify for Century College’s third-party billing process.
According to the College’s tuition payment policy, students participating in tuition reimbursement programs are responsible for making payment arrangements and must seek reimbursement directly from their sponsoring agency or organization.