Please note: due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), staff are working remotely. Orientation emails for summer semester are currently being sent. If you do not see an email in your inbox, please check your Spam and/or Junk folder. We have been experiencing issues with our emails being delivered there instead of the inbox. Please email the Orientation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you did not receive this email, or have any questions about orientation.
The New Student Orientation team is excited you have chosen Century College as part of your academic journey and wants to welcome you to the Wood Duck community! New Student Orientation is mandatory for all students. We are here to help you with your transition to college life and ensure you have everything you need for the first day.
Goals of New Student Orientation
- Welcome and to introduce you to the Wood Duck community
- Share information about the many resources and student life offerings provided for all students
- To familiarize you with campus policies and deadline dates for Financial Aid and tuition
- Provide an opportunity for you to meet with an advisor to go over course selections for your first semester
Reserve Your Spot
After being accepted to the College, you will receive an email with information regarding New Student Orientation. At Century, there are two paths for completing orientation: online or on-campus. The first step is to complete an orientation questionnaire. After completing the orientation questionnaire, this will determine your next step, either completing online orientation or attending an on-campus Orientation Session. During the on-campus session you will meet with an advisor to review course selection and register for the semester. If you are eligible to complete the online orientation, you will be able to register once you have completed that, or sign up for Drop-In hours to meet with an advisor for course advisement. Expect your first step email to arrive just before your term of enrollment begins.
|When will you start classes at Century?||Expect your invitation to Orientation to arrive:|
|Fall semester||Mid April|
|Spring semester||Mid October|
|Summer semester||Mid February|
- Visit GPS LifePlan to start thinking about course selection and your major/career options before attending orientation.
- It is important that you have completed the ACCUPLACER course placement test (if needed) before attending a New Student Orientation. You can also use ACT, SAT and/or MCA scores if they are still valid.
Parents and Family Members
Family and friends play a huge role in your success! Unfortunately, due to classroom capacity, they are not able to sit with you during your orientation. However, make sure to share with them the information you get at your orientation so they are able to help you transition successfully.