All alumni of Century, Lakewood, 916 AVTI, and Northeast Metro Technical are encouraged to join our private online alumni network to keep and touch and to continue learning from one another. Here, you can create a profile and indicate whether you're looking to be a mentor, or are in need of a mentor. This organic, informal style of mentoring is an experience for alumni to manage on their own.
One-time Alumni Mentoring Opportunities
We are seeking alumni to participate in one of three upcoming opportunities in early 2020 to come back to campus and mentor or simply share your career success story with our students. If you’ve taken an idea and made it a reality, either in your work life or personal life, you have a unique insight that our students would benefit hearing from.
Geared towards our students who are interested in our Muskie Tank Challenge (awarding one $5,000 scholarship winner and four $1,000 scholarship finalists), these volunteer opportunities for alumni are designed to help students take an idea, service, or product/invention from concept to research, thought development, and presentation. The three volunteer opportunities are:
- Alumni idea/career story panel – share your personal success in taking an idea or project from concept to reality (1 hour commitment, once in January 2020 and/or once on Feb 11, 2020)
- Alumni speed mentoring – help our Muskie Tank students brainstorm their ideas and devise next steps (1 hour commitment, February 2020)
- 1-on-1 mentoring with a Muskie Tank finalists – Help your student to create their executive summary and final presentation (1 hour commitment, March 2020)
Ideal alumni volunteers would have some background in business, marketing, entrepreneurship, engineering, and/or the STEM fields, but all interested alumni are encouraged to participate. Contact us to let us know which volunteer opportunity is the best fit for you!
Alumni Career Connectors
Career Connectors is a volunteer opportunity with a current student who is in their final semester at Century. Alumni Career Connectors will be paired with a student in your career field who is about to graduate or transfer, and will provide resources and guidance for students to succesfully enter the workforce or begin their university experience.
This volunteer opportunity requires a minimum 2 hour time commitment per month for the duration of one academic semester (about 4 months). Alumni may apply to the program at any time. Students should apply in their second-last semester, in preparation for the student-to-alumni mentorship to begin in their final semester.
Alumni Career Connectors will:
- Provide counsel and resources regarding career paths and industries, goal setting, and preparing for success
- Engage students in networking activites and/or job shadowing opportunties
- Making lasting connections with the students you help
Participating students will:
- Gain a better understanding of your career field or transfer university
- Receive professional tips and life skills ciritcal for future sucess
- Practice networking and expand your professional network
Century alumni and students from these program areas are invited to participate in the Career Connectors pilot program:
- Visual Communication Technologies (including 3D Animation, Filmmaking and Video Production, Graphic Design, Professional Photography, and Web Design)
Students enrolled in these program areas are eligible to participate if:
- You will be entering your final semeseter at Century (preparing to graduate or transfer)
- You are not currently a PSEO student
Alumni in these fields who are interested in volunteering as a Career Connector must click below to complete the Alumni Application, submit a signed copy of the Career Connectors Alumni Agreement to email@example.com, and agree to read and adhere to the Volunteer Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.