Support Scholarships for Century College Students
Join fellow friends, alumni, and community members in supporting one of our student's greatest needs at Century - scholarship support. Join countless others who have been inspired by the many stories of hope, acts of kindness, and triumph that students experience at Century every day.
Many of our students are live in vulnerable circumstances and need help.
Nearly one third of our students were experiencing extreme financial need before their lives were turned upside down by the pandemic - now the need is even greater.
You can make a big difference in a student's life. Your gift is so much more than a financial contribution - it is the vote of confidence, a validation of worth that confirms their ambition and pushes them to rise above their hardships to achieve their goals and dreams.
Support the scholarships that give us the greatest flexibility to help EVERY student in need.
Each year, hundreds of students apply for a scholarship. And while we awarded almost 300 scholarships last year, many students are left empty-handed. Our Rising Star scholarship had 140 applicants this year, but we only have the capacity to award up to 10 scholarships. With your support, we can ensure more students have the help they need to succeed.
Give to one of these critical areas of scholarship support for students:
Area of Greatest Need (Unrestricted)
This fund gives us the most flexibility to support whichever scholarships are in the highest demand.
Rising Star Scholarship
This fund specifically helps students with demonstrated financial need who show a high degree of motivation and determination to succeed.
Your gift today will help students now.
Join us in helping to ensure our students succeed in these unpredictable times. Thank you for supporting our Century students!
Thank you for choosing to make a gift to the Century College Foundation where we are committed to helping students succeed! Your donation is fulfilling the educational dreams of our students. If you prefer to mail your donation, please fill out our Gift Form and send it to the Foundation. Use the Gifts In-Kind Form for any material donations.
Many companies match charitable gifts. Click here to search our database to see if your (or your partner’s) employer will match gifts to higher education or non-profit organizations. This could double the amount you have designated!
Our secure online giving process has been designed so that you can choose the area you would like your donation to support. The Century College Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. All gifts are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Securities & Stocks
Gifts of securities (stocks, bonds) are a great way to support students and programs at Century College. Gifts of cash have an impact on scholarships, teaching and learning.
However, a gift of long-term appreciated securities (those you have held for one year or longer) can be a preferable way to give. Here’s why:
- Maximized gift impact: The appreciated value of your securities will have a greater impact on the college than would a cash gift of the amount you originally paid for the securities
- Federal tax advantages: When you donate long-term appreciated securities to the Century College Foundation, you will not incur any capital-gain tax on the securities’ appreciation in value. Plus, you can take a charitable income tax deduction of the securities’ full fair market value at the time of your gift (This deduction is limited to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income. Excess may be carried over for five additional years).
Gifts in Kind
The Century College Foundation accepts audio/visual equipment, computer/software, furniture, telecommunication equipment, vehicles (approval from the Foundation is required before accepting any vehicles) DVDs, books, and other miscellaneous items and equipment. If you have questions about an item you wish to donate, contact the Foundation.
There are three steps:
- Get the information on the donation from the donor, including the estimated value. This may include an attachment that shows the value, if available.
- Ask the donor to sign the Gifts in Kind form which has their contact information.
- Submit the form for signatures
After the Foundation receives the paperwork we take two important steps:
- We send a thank you to the donor acknowleding their gift, which can be used as a charitable tax deduction.
- We record the item as a gift at the estimated value
This is important for other donors, foundations and for the accuracy of our recordkeeping and the assets of the College.
The Century College Foundation strongly encourages you to shop locally and utilize small businesses whenever possible; however, we recognize that not every purchase can be made locally. If you shop on Amazon, please utilize Amazon Smile, and direct that the Century College Foundation be your charity of choice, and Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to the Century College Foundation.