Thank you for choosing to make a gift to the Century College Foundation where we are committed to helping students succeed! Your donation is fulfilling the educational dreams of our students. If you prefer to mail your donation, please fill out our Gift Form and send it to the Foundation.
Many companies match charitable gifts. Please check with your (or your spouse’s) employer to see if they match gifts to higher education or non-profit organizations. This could double the amount you have designated!
Our secure online giving process has been designed so that you can choose the area you would like your donation to support. The Century College Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. All gifts are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Securities & Stocks
Gifts of securities (stocks, bonds) are a great way to support students and programs at Century College. Gifts of cash have an impact on scholarships, teaching and learning.
However, a gift of long-term appreciated securities (those you have held for one year or longer) can be a preferable way to give. Here’s why:
- Maximized gift impact: The appreciated value of your securities will have a greater impact on the college than would a cash gift of the amount you originally paid for the securities
- Federal tax advantages: When you donate long-term appreciated securities to the Century College Foundation, you will not incur any capital-gain tax on the securities’ appreciation in value. Plus, you can take a charitable income tax deduction of the securities’ full fair market value at the time of your gift (This deduction is limited to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income. Excess may be carried over for five additional years).
Gifts in Kind
The Century College Foundation accepts audio/visual equipment, computer/software, furniture, telecommunication equipment, vehicles (approval from the Foundation is required before accepting any vehicles) DVDs, books, and other miscellaneous items and equipment. If you have questions about an item you wish to donate, contact the Foundation.
There are three steps:
- Get the information on the donation from the donor, including the estimated value. This may include an attachment that shows the value, if available.
- Ask the donor to sign the Gifts in Kind form which has their contact information.
- Submit the form for signatures
After the Foundation receives the paperwork we take two important steps:
- We send a thank you to the donor acknowleding their gift, which can be used as a charitable tax deduction.
- We record the item as a gift at the estimated value
This is important for other donors, foundations and for the accuracy of our recordkeeping and the assets of the College.