Public Safety works to continuously provide the best possible service for all Century College employees and students through:
- A positive safety attitude
- Promoting safety and health awareness, including proper evacuation operations (which also includes procedures for those individuals with physical disabilities)
- Training and compliance with all Federal and State Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws and regulations
- StarAlert, a text and e-mail messaging service the college uses in the event of campus closures or delays during emergency events. The StarAlert service system has changed and students and staff will automatically be signed with the service. You will have the ability to opt-out.
Annual Security Report
The federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), 20 USC § 1092(f), requires colleges and universities, both public and private, participating in federal student aid programs to disclose campus safety information, and imposes certain basic requirements for handling incidents of sexual violence and emergency situations. Disclosures about crime statistics and summaries of security policies are made once a year in an Annual Security Report (ASR), and information about specific crimes and emergencies is made publicly available on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
The Clery Act requires higher education institutions to give timely warnings of crimes that represent a threat to the safety of students or employees, and to make public their campus security policies. It also requires that crime data is collected, reported and disseminated to the campus community and is also submitted to the Department of Education. The goal of the Clery Act is to provide students and their families, as higher education consumers, with accurate, complete and timely information about safety on campus so that they can make informed decisions.
For more information, review the Century College Annual Security Report.
Safety and Training Compliance
An essential component of our overall program, we strive to comply with all mandatory safety requirements set by state and Federal OSHA. We use MasteryNet Training System™, an online program, to provide new employee, annual and periodic safety refresher training, and department-level training at Century.
Star Alert Emergency Notification
All currently enrolled students and employees in work status will receive our monthly Star Alert test message via both e-mail and text message (if known). The test e-mail/text message repeats monthly on the first Wednesday of the month at 1 PM which coincides with testing of weather alert systems in Minnesota.
Star Alert emergency notification e-mail messages will be sent to official college e-mail addresses and a personal e-mail address (if available). Star Alert text messages will be sent to cell phone numbers listed in our student/employee record system.
- To stop receiving Star Alert emergency notification e-mail messages, there will be a link in the message allowing you to opt-out.
- To stop receiving Star Alert emergency notification text messages, simply reply to the text message with the word “STOP” or the word “QUIT”.
Students may change their personal e-mail address and cell phone number online using e-Services.
Employees wishing to update their personal e-mail address or cell phone number may do so through Employee Home (log in > My Profile > Contact Information).
During severe weather, individuals are encouraged to move indoors and seek shelter in areas providing the best cover, including stairwells without skylights, lower building levels and away from windows. Other safe areas include restrooms and rooms without windows.
Lost and Found
- East Campus Lost and Found (E1392), 651-747-4000
- West Campus Lost and Found, Bookstore (W1320), 651-773-1755