Traffic & Parking Regulations
The authority for establishing traffic and parking regulations on campuses is granted by Minnesota Statute, Section 136F.53 and 169.966, Subd. 8 (1988). The President of Century College has delegated responsibility for enforcement of these regulations on college property to the Director of Public Safety and Campus Security Officers
- Parking on campus is a privilege, not a right. The privilege may be revoked for continued or gross violations of parking regulations and/or unsafe actions while operating a vehicle on campus.
- The college assumes no liability for care of, damage to, and/or protection of any vehicle or its contents at any time while it is operated on or parked on campus property. All vehicles should be locked when unattended and valuables placed out of sight.
- Drivers shall observe college traffic and parking regulations and drive safely, giving pedestrians the right of way at all times.
- The college reserves the right to issue citations, immobilize, and/or tow any vehicle at the owners expense when in violation of established parking regulations.
- Emergency Situations: Vehicle blocking roadways, interfering with safe traffic flow, blocking fire lanes, hydrants, or impeding response of emergency responders may be towed immediately without prior notice.
Appealing a Citation
Only unpaid citations may be appealed. The payment of the citation under appeal is suspended without penalty during the appeal process. However, should a finding be made sustaining the penalty, you must pay the fine within ten (10) business days of finding.
Basis of Appeal
Only appeals alleging written error of issuance contrary to Century College parking regulations will be considered.
The appeal form must be received at the Century College Public Safety Office, E1411, within ten (10) business days of the date the citation was issued. Once it is received, the citation will be placed on a hold status until a decision is made as to the claim. All decisions are final.
To appeal your citation you must complete the Parking-Citation Appeal Form.
Parking Violations & Fines
Century College will issue administrative citations for parking or policy violations. The college sets a dollar amount rate for the fine based on the violations. Failure to pay the fine in 10 business days may result in a financial hold on the students’ account, record or transcript holds, registration holds, vehicle immobilization, towing and/or impoundment, and other disciplinary actions.
The following Parking Regulations have been established by Century College: