Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
About the Program
The Applied Big Data Analytics AAS degree prepares students to enter into the rapidly growing industry of Big Data Analytics. While in the program, students will learn how to:
- Help businesses and organizations use the power of analytics to become more intelligent, innovative, and profitable
- Examine large data sets to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations, market trends, and customer preferences
- Utilize advanced analytics to focus on cybersecurity, virtualization, and forensics
The demand for employees in the big data analytics field is exploding! According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), the Big Data Analytics market will reach $125 billion worldwide in 2017—and is projected to grow to $203 billion by 2020.
Organizations are making big data analytics a priority. Currently, more than a third of industries are currently using some form of advanced analytics on Big Data—for business intelligence, predictive analytics and data mining tasks, and this is expected to grow. Salaries for Analytics professionals are soaring.
Learn more about Big Data Analytics through the following resources and information:
Planning for Your Program
Potential Job Titles
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Data Warehousing Specialist
Information Security Analyst*
Average Wage: $42.96/hour
Business Intelligence Analyst**
Data Warehousing Specialist**
*Typically requires Bachelor's degree
** Emerging career specialty. Typically requires Bachelor's degree, please consult with program faculty for salary information.
Information gathered pertains to seven county metro area - careerwise.minnstate.edu