Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, Saturday, and online courses.
Start: Fall or Spring Semester, Summer Session, Full- or Part-Time.
- Chemistry Transfer Pathway — AS Degree (60 credits)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences — AA Degree (60 credits)
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum — MnTC (40 credits)
- Abha AttriFacultyChemistry651-779-3434
- Lee BehlingFacultyChemistry651-779-3467
- David BlackburnFacultyChemistry651-748-5330
- Kristina NovekFacultyChemistry
- Experience: Dr Pfeiffer has been teaching chemistry since 1996. She taught 3 years at the University of Wyoming, 5 years at Hamline University, and has been at Century College since Fall 2004. In addition to teaching, she is Century’s site coordinator for the North Star STEM Alliance, funded by the National Science Foundation and 3M. The goal of this program is to increase underrepresented student success in obtaining bachelor degrees by providing them with professional development opportunities, introducing them to research and career opportunities in STEM, and helping them transfer to a four-year school. Dr Pfeiffer has also been active in the MN Section of the American Chemical Society since 1999, serving in many roles, such as Chair, Secretary, External Communications Committee Chair, and National Chemistry Week Coordinator.Teaching Approach: “I believe students should actively learn during class time. About half the classes consist of my short lectures, followed by problems the students work out individually or in groups. The other half of the classes students work in small groups, where they are presented with data or information to interpret, then are asked questions designed to guide them toward formulation of their own valid conclusions. Through this method, students construct their own understanding of the material while developing skills such as information processing, communication, critical reading and thinking, and problem solving.”Education: PhD, Physical Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison; BA, Chemistry, College of St BenedictHobbies: Aerobics instructor, Birdwatching, MN Master NaturalistJoann PfeifferFacultyBioChemistry651-779-3487
- Bhavna RawalFacultyChemistry651-444-2010
- Amanda VindedahlFacultyChemistry651-444-2010
- Experience: Teresa has been teaching chemistry at the college level since 2007. From 2002-2007, she performed chemical research as a 3M Fellow in the fields of kinetics, materials chemistry, computational chemistry, and biochemistry.Teaching Approach: “I know the impact one caring instructor can have on a student, so I strive to make a connection with every student taking one of my courses. I am passionate about chemistry, and I hope to inspire my students to think about the world in a new and more magical way. I know that “surviving” a chemistry course isn’t always easy, but I hope it’s at least a little bit fun.”Education: PhD, Physical Chemistry, University of Minnesota; BS, Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Eau ClaireHobbies: sewing Halloween costumes, camping/road tripsTeresa LewisFaculty/Program DirectorBioChemistry651-779-3243