Computer Science - AS 60 Credits
- Design, write, test, and debug computer programs written in a low-level language and contemporary structured and object-oriented languages.
- Ability to develop algorithms which underlie common programming tasks.
- Incorporate foundational data management concepts such as data structures within computer programs.
- The ability to function and communicate effectively as ethically and socially responsible computer science professionals.
- Prepared to transfer into a typical four-year Computer Science degree program.
- Correctly implement given specifications when writing programs.
Internet Programming - Certificate 15 Credits
- analyze ethical issues involved in web application development, including data privacy concerns.
- create usable web pages using human factors and principles of interface design.
- create web pages using HTML5 to identify the page’s structure and CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) to specify the content’s presentation.
- create well-formed XML documents and create a web page that retrieves and displays data from a valid XML file .
- design, develop, test and debug server-side scripts written in PHP that can deliver dynamic content to a web page.
- design and create a relational database, and access it via PHP scripts and queries to retrieve and store data that is a component of a dynamic website.
- describe common website security threats and incorporate appropriate security measures to implement secure transactions.
- use course concepts and techniques to build a sophisticated, secure, dynamic client/server application.