Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and blended online classes.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Computer Technology Support and Administration — Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Computer Technology Support and Administration — Diploma (48 credits)
- Computer Technology Support Specialist — Certificate (30 credits)
- Linux System Administrator — Certificate (25 credits)
- Advanced Computer Technology — Certificate (22 credits)
About the Program
The Computer Technology Support and Administration program prepares students to analyze information technology infrastructure needs in an enterprise setting. Upon completion, students will be able to recommend appropriate hardware and software systems, construct, configure, implement, and manage these systems, and train others to do the same.
Graduates would be qualified for the following positions: computer systems analyst, network analyst, network engineer, computer support specialist, network support specialist, computer support technician, and PC help desk.
Our coursework prepares students for professional certifications. Required general education courses also ensure that individuals have the necessary oral, written, and critical thinking skills to fulfill their professional responsibilities.
- demonstrate factual, conceptual, and procedural knowledge related to the administration and maintenance of enterprise computing systems
- apply IT project planning techniques and IT design process techniques
- demonstrate self-learning and use of critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair computer hardware and software
- administer, install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot the Windows desktop, Windows Server, and Linux operating systems
Request for Information
Cost & Financial Aid
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities. With affordable tuition rates and financial aid and scholarship opportunities, our students avoid student loan debt.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and our programs qualify for financial aid including grants, loans, and college work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined annually based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Century College’s Federal School Code is 010546.
Each year, the Century College Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarships to Century College students involved in several areas of study. Students are encouraged to create an account and apply for scholarships online.
Ready to get
- Paul TheisenFaculty/ChairComputer Technology Support and Administration651-779-5770
- Mario CovelskiFacultyComputer Technology Support and Administration651-779-3256
- John DomagallFacultyComputer Technology Support and Administration651-779-5833
- Alexander HumbleFacultyComputer Technology Support and Administration651-779-5833
- Experience: Michelle Schoenecker has 15+ years of experience as a Computer Support Specialist and Trainer in Computer Technology. She has a wide range of experience from the basics of computer hardware and software to analysis and design to administration. Michelle is also a Century College alumnus who brings a student’s point of view to teaching and assists her students in finding their paths to success. She is a lifelong learner who has immersed herself in the Century College community as a mental health first aider, program director, online peer mentor, and committee member. The success of her students and helping them find their paths continues to be her top priority.Teaching Approach: “Student success is my top priority. Whether it is a face-to-face class or fully online, I use a hands-on approach to teaching technology. I believe in being available to support my students throughout their educational journey and beyond. I found my passion in teaching and get excited to help every one of my students reach their goals. With using personal experiences of obstacles and achievements, I hope to continue to inspire my students for years to come.”Education: AAS in Microcomputer Support Technology, BS, Operations Management, MS, Educational Leadership, EdD Educational Leadership (in-progress)Notable: Michelle is dedicated to quality online learning practices as a Quality Matters Certified Peer Reviewer and is certified in D2L Brightspace which is Century College’s Learning Management System (LMS).Hobbies: Golf, building computers, video creation and editing, family game nights, and striving to turn each moment into a positive, lasting memory.Michelle SchoeneckerDirector of Center for Professional Development and CollaborationBioAcademic Affairs651-779-3482