Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Reverse Engineering Malware Analysis and Techniques – Certificate (18 credits)
- Cybersecurity Analysis and Techniques – Certificate (24 credits)
- IT Security and Audit Control – Certificate (17 credits)
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization Security– Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Cloud Security Virtualization Forensics – Certificate (21 credits)
- Cloud Computing – Certificate (19 credits)
- Offensive Security – Certificate (24 credits)
- Identity Security and Access Management – Certificate (19 credits)
About the Program
Century College's Cybersecurity, Virtualization and Forensics computing program prepares students for careers in Cybersecurity, information assurance, computer incident, investigation, cyberspace ethics and computer law. Cybersecurity is the activity or process, ability or capability, or state whereby information and communications systems and the information contained therein are protected from and/or defended against damage, unauthorized use or modification, or exploitation.
This program is designed to fill a critical and growing need for cybersecurity personnel in the public and private sector. Students completing this curriculum will be capable of investigating and defending computer crimes/attacks, properly seize and recover computer evidence. Computer evidence may also be relevant in human resources, employment proceedings, civil disputes and criminal cases. Students will:
- Conduct cyber investigations using advanced file access methods, reconstruction maneuvers, and data recovery processes to seize evidence
- Protect computers and networks to defend against criminal and terrorist threats
- Utilize the same advanced technologies and techniques as the CIA, FBI, and Fortune 500 companies
You could find yourself working in a broad spectrum of jobs. If you are interested in government and law enforcement, you could find employment with a local or state police department. You could also work in the federal government with FBI, CIA, or various military branches. If you’re interested in a corporate environment, you could find employment with a Fortune 500 company, working alongside IT professionals on company policy violations.
Century College CVF students are eligible to apply for CyberCorps scholarships, which provide academic year stipends of $22,500 per year.
View the CVF program's Virtual Center for Cyber Education for events, news, club information, and more.
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Century College is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense 2-Year Education (CAE-2Y) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). CAE-2Y institutions receive formal recognition from the U.S. Government as well as opportunities for prestige and publicity for their role in securing our Nation's information systems. The Cybersecurity, Virtualization and Forensics program curriculum conforms to the NSA requirements for maintaining the CAE-2Y designation.
The Century College Cybersecurity, Virtualization and Forensics program is also designated a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE) by the Department of Defense (DOD).
Potential Job Titles
- Computer Forensic Analyst
- Cyber Investigator
- Digital Forensic Examiner/Investigator
- Forensics Technician
- Video Forensics Examiner
- Cyber Forensics Scientist
- Intrusion Detection Analyst
- Network Security Analyst
According to a 2010 national survey conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor, the median annual salary for the category that includes cybersecurity specialists was $75,660. Because salary potential may vary depending on location, education, experience and other factors, prospective students are encouraged to conduct independent research to determine actual earning potential.