Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening and online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Reverse Engineering Malware Analysis and Techniques – Certificate (18 credits)
- Cybersecurity Analysis and Techniques – Certificate (17 credits)
- IT Security and Audit Control – Certificate (17 credits)
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization Security– Associate in Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
- Cloud Security Virtualization Forensics – Certificate (21 credits)
- Cloud Computing – Certificate (19 credits)
About the Program
Century College's Cybersecurity and Cloud computing program prepares students for careers in Cybersecurity, information assurance, computer incident, investigation, cyberspace ethics and computer law. Cybersecurity is the activity or process, ability or capability, or state whereby information and communications systems and the information contained therein are protected from and/or defended against damage, unauthorized use or modification, or exploitation.
This program is designed to fill a critical and growing need for cybersecurity personnel in the public and private sector. Students completing this curriculum will be capable of investigating and defending computer crimes/attacks, properly seize and recover computer evidence. Computer evidence may also be relevant in human resources, employment proceedings, civil disputes and criminal cases. Students will:
- Conduct cyber investigations using advanced file access methods, reconstruction maneuvers, and data recovery processes to seize evidence
- Protect computers and networks to defend against criminal and terrorist threats
- Utilize the same advanced technologies and techniques as the CIA, FBI, and Fortune 500 companies
You could find yourself working in a broad spectrum of jobs. If you are interested in government and law enforcement, you could find employment with a local or state police department. You could also work in the federal government with FBI, CIA, or various military branches. If you’re interested in a corporate environment, you could find employment with a Fortune 500 company, working alongside IT professionals on company policy violations.
Workforce Development Scholarship
Students pursuing this degree/certificate can apply for the Workforce Development Technology and Engineering Pathway Scholarship, worth up to $3000! Learn more ->
- Transfer Planning - Articulation Agreements
These agreements provide students with educational plans to help them transfer to four-year institutions.
- Transfer Resources
Advanced planning is critical when you transfer. Learn more about possible options.
- Bachelor Degree Planning
We partner with many institutions offering Bachelor's degrees that can be completed here, online, or at a metro location.
Potential Job Titles
- Computer Forensic Analyst
- Cyber Investigator
- Digital Forensic Examiner/Investigator
- Forensics Technician
- Video Forensics Examiner
- Cyber Forensics Scientist
- Intrusion Detection Analyst
- Network Security Analyst
According to a 2010 national survey conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor, the median annual salary for the category that includes cybersecurity specialists was $75,660. Because salary potential may vary depending on location, education, experience and other factors, prospective students are encouraged to conduct independent research to determine actual earning potential.