Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and blended online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer.
Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Emergency Medical Technician — Certificate (9 credits)
- Emergency Medical Services — Certificate (19 credits)
- Paramedic — Diploma (56 credits)
- Paramedic Science — Associate in Applied Science Degree (69 credits)
- Paramedic Fire Science — Associate in Applied Science (68 credits)
- Community Paramedic — Certificate (12 credits)
About the Program
The Century College Emergency Medical Service (EMS) program began in 1972 with Minnesota's first state-approved EMT program, and the following year, we offered one of the region's first paramedic programs. Today, we continue to be a leader in EMS and public safety education in the area. Students will:
- Experience the thrill of saving lives in high-tech simulations and real-world emergency situations
- Perform detailed medical and trauma patient assessments using advanced medical and diagnostic equipment
- Work alongside professionals in clinical experiences including ambulance ride-alongs, emergency rooms, and hospitals
- Faculty and other program staff are well credentialed and experienced experts in the field of EMS. All are currently working in the field. Review full-time faculty bios.
- State-of-the-art skills lab including a full-scale ambulance simulator, a full scale motor vehicle, a wide range of manikins including Sim-Man™, Sim-Baby™, Mega-code Kid™ and industry-current equipment
- Medical direction provided by Charles Lick, MD and Kacia Engel, MD
- Partnerships with 916 and OEC allow smooth transition from High School to College
- Interdisciplinary opportunities with Century’s Public Safety, Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement career programs
- Articulation agreements with area four year institutions, including Bethel University, St. Mary's University, and Metropolitan State University