Delivery: A mix of daytime, evening, and blended online courses.
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer.
Prerequisite and General Education/MnTC courses are available in a mix of daytime, evening, and online classes; Fall, Spring, and Summer; Full- or Part-Time.
- Emergency Medical Technician — Certificate (9 credits)
- Emergency Medical Services — Certificate (19 credits)
- Paramedic — Diploma (56 credits)
- Paramedic Science — Associate in Applied Science Degree (69 credits)
- Paramedic Fire Science — Associate in Applied Science (68 credits)
- Community Paramedic — Certificate (12 credits)
About the Program
The goal of the Emergency Medical Services program is to prepare competent entry-level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
The Century College Emergency Medical Service (EMS) program began in 1972 with Minnesota's first state-approved EMT program, and the following year, we offered one of the region's first paramedic programs. Today, we continue to be a leader in EMS and public safety education in the area. Students will:
- Experience the thrill of saving lives in high-tech simulations and real-world emergency situations
- Perform detailed medical and trauma patient assessments using advanced medical and diagnostic equipment
- Work alongside professionals in clinical experiences including ambulance ride-alongs, emergency rooms, and hospitals
- Faculty and other program staff are well credentialed and experienced experts in the field of EMS. All are currently working in the field. Review full-time faculty bios.
- State-of-the-art skills lab including 2 full-scale ambulance simulators, a full scale motor vehicle, a wide range of manikins including Sim-Man™, Sim-Baby™, Mega-code Kid™ and industry-current equipment
- Medical direction provided by Charles Lick, MD, Kacia Engel, MD, and Andrew Stevens, MD
- Partnerships with 916 and OEC allow smooth transition from High School to College
- Interdisciplinary opportunities with Century’s Public Safety, Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement career programs
- Articulation agreements with area four year institutions, including Bethel University, St. Mary's University, and Metropolitan State University
Cost & Financial Aid
Century College can be extremely affordable through financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
As a two-year public community and technical college, Century College receives funding from the State of Minnesota, keeping tuition rates significantly lower than private colleges and universities.
Century College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our programs qualify for federal financial aid including Pell Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and others.
Since 1987 the Century College Paramedic program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33756
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088